More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Galvan Galvan

What world do you want to create?

Superheroes - Important Intel - Begrudging

Superheroes

You live in a world (pre-established or brand-new) with heroes and villains. Anyone that could be considered super and of a potentially good conscience is fair game. Even anti-heroes and straight villains could be interacted with if they've been known to associate with those fighting the good fight.

Important Intel

Somehow, someway, you became relevant to the superhero community. Maybe you're a mid-level secret agent who is small potatoes to bad guys but still got close enough to learn a thing or two, maybe you're a bumbling bystander who was unlucky enough to consistently walk in on huge crimes, maybe you're just a liar with an active imagination and a blog. Whatever it is, you've called multiple shots that have lead to busts and rescues that would be disasters without you. Any superhero would be screwing up royally to not heed what you say, even if what you say is utterly insane. And many more would be willing to do what you say just to coax the information out of you if you're feeling quiet.

Begrudgingly

You have to wake up pretty early to pull one over on a superhero. That is to say, they almost certainly don't actually believe you. No, the key to stopping an incoming alien invasion doesn't rest in giving you a blowjob. The problem is, the last few times you gave the superhero community info it was also pretty ridiculous, and it all turned out to be true. Even if they don't believe you, many members of the peer groups do, and beyond that, the risk is often too great to ignore your claims. Superheroes will do what you say with a glare and a groan but they'll still do it because they wouldn't be a hero if they put their dignity above potential lives. More hopeful heroes might actually believe you if they see the best in you, while more down-to-earth heroes might only do it because if they don't and you're right they'll never hear the end of it. Some heroes might just want to climb their way up the social ladder and think getting first dibs on a stellar tip from you is the way up. Others still may know you're lying and don't think they risk anything by ignoring you but appreciate the times you actually did help and will humor you as a reward. There are even some supers that are 'heroes' in-name-only that will still do what you say, out of self-preservation if nothing else, but will probably threaten harm if you keep asking with no results of your predictions.

While in the act, no matter what it is, you will get away scot-free. After all, the authorities and public are probably used to supermodel-attractive super people wearing pervy and easy-to-tear costumes in public and know that what they do is above their pay grade. They'll gawk, stare, and comment, but they won't interrupt. Bystanders who aren't involved in the superhero community won't recognize you. Whether it be through government training or just general mediocrity, you come off as completely average and unremarkable, so once you leave the scene no one will know it was you. That means all the gossipers and tabloids will obsess with the hero that was in your arms instead. They won't see legal repercussions either but since they can't really explain themselves without panicking the public about the latest thwarted attempt at world domination, their reputation will take a hit. A-listers probably already get a lot of rumors about their sex life and can weather it, but the more often you embarrass a hero and the less heroic endeavors they have to show for their actions the less forgetting the public will be, and eventually will be labeled a sexual deviant if they can't do damage control.

Who has this power and what universe are they from?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)