More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by JoyousJenny JoyousJenny

How do you react to this gift?

In a "Dream"

I had awoken late last night from an intense dream in a sweat. That's something that only happens in movies isn't it? It was oh so vivid, I met with an Angel and he reached out to touch my chest. It felt warm and safe and overwhelmed me so much that it woke me up. I had to bring up some porn on my phone and jerk off twice before I could get back to sleep. I had work tomorrow and needed it.

Anyway here I am leaving for work, saying "Hi" to my neighbour Rosa when I couldn't shake the feeling that she was looking at me strangely. I thought nothing of it until later that day when it happened again noticeably with Jenny in accounting. I started to wonder if there was something up with my face, or my shirt, or something. Why would they stare like that. I started noting some other people looking just a fraction longer than seemed normal throughout the day. By lunch I was starting to feel it well within me, what the Angel had done. It had changed me and people could tell, not everyone but there was definitely a noticeable change.

I met back up with Jenny after lunch to discuss some budget issues I was having.

"Can you check these expenditure forecasts for me again Jenny, something doesn't seem quite right here."

"It is my duty."

Huh, that was a weird way to answer that, and it happened again. My instincts were roused and I started to connect the dots. The people that were giving my strange looks were all religious, Jenny almost became a nun before she went to college, Aisha from my office still wore a Hijab to the office and Jonathon was a deacon at his church. Others had lingered their gaze slightly but that may have just been because they were vaguely aware and not as religious as those three.

Hmmmm, I wonder what this duty entailed, whether it was just religious or whether it was just a boost in my personal likeability smoothness.

"Hey, Jenny would you mind giving me $20"

"Sure Brian", she grabs her purse from her handbag that was slung over the back of her chair, withdraws a $20 bill and hands it to me. I am a little dumbfounded and leave her hand hanging for a good few seconds before taking it from her.

"Ahhh, thanks for that. What did you just give me that?"

"Well, you asked for it and it was my duty."

"But why is it your duty?"

"Well, it's right there in the bible, it says in Collosians 3:22, Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord."

The feeling of warmth spread through my chest again as Jenny recited the bible passage. The angel's touch felt strong within me.

"Do you obey anyone?"

"No, why would I, you are my earthly master."

"Does this mean that everyone should be obeying me?"

"They should, but they won't, it doesn't matter though, it says in Romans 5:19, For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."

"You seem to know your bible."

"Of course I do, I almost went into the convent you know?"

"What sort of duty does this entail?"

"It says to 'obey your earthly masters in everything', so make of that what you will."

Stay with Jenny or go somewhere else?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)