More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TurinTurambar TurinTurambar

What's next?

An Unexpected Gift

"Mr. Doe, your father is waiting for you", Tiffany says with a welcoming smile. Your old man's secretary (or 'personal assistant') is a major cutie, you always suspected she wasn't hired entirely on merit - well, few female secretaries are. You answer with a noncommittal smile of your own and walk towards the grand door to your father's office, slightly apprehensive of what this summoning is about. When he summons you, it's usually to tell you that you're not taking your responsibilities and duties seriously.

Doe Chul, head of the entire East Asian underworld, sits on his throne, his dark oak desk almost completely free of clutter. There's only a family picture and an ashtray on it. You give a nod to the two guards stationed at the sides of the door and approach the desk, keeping your respectful distance. You bow slightly before your father, as the rules command.

"John, my boy", he starts in an unusually jovial tone, "have a seat."

So this might be a longer talk. You sit down and your father reaches into the side rack of his desk to bring out two glasses and a bottle of vodka. The Russian influence in your organization and dynasty had always been strong, not just since your birth, firstborn son and heir, by a Russian mother. You relax slightly, knowing that you father doesn't usually give you a drink if he reprimands you for something.

"From what I heard about your recent birthday celebrations, you're doing your Slavic genes proud when it comes to drinking", he smirks and hands you the glass. "To growing up!"

You both take a deep swig and set the glass down. He speaks again, now a bit more serious. "John, you're officially a man now. I suppose you're tired of hearing my speeches about taking responsibility. If I'm being honest, you're much more dutiful than I was at your age. Let me tell you, all I had in mind back then were women and ."

He laughs, and you join in slightly incredulously. This might be the first time he gave you a compliment like that.

"Please understand that I'm only hard on you to make you the best man you can be. But it's time you enjoy some of the nice things that a position like ours has to offer. If you go to your suite, you'll find a little coming-of-age-present from your old man. Did I remember correctly that your favorite idol was..."

Who *is* your favorite idol?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)