More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by 2-C-mera-K-ng-5 2-C-mera-K-ng-5

Who Found The Rulebook?

Sam, and his sister's GF is a bitch

“Jesus Christ” Sam swore under his breath as he looked on at the topless baristas. As pretty as some of them were, his attention was eventually overtaken by the notebook in front of him. It was real. Impossibly so. It was too good to be true.

No, it was literally too good to be true. This thing was waaay too dangerous to exist. He should take it and bury it. Or throw it into the ocean…. That is, if he found out it was evil. What if it wasn’t? Wouldn’t he regret it for the rest of his life if he didn’t at least try some… extra tests first?

Of course, nothing immediately came to mind. Sam could admit that he wasn’t smart enough to properly experiment without making things potentially worse. He’d already used the damned thing, so that ship had sailed for not getting somehow cursed by it. Taking some sacrificial napkins and jotting down his thoughts, Sam tried to focus on what he wanted and what he needed first.

He needed money. Wanted it too, but mostly needed it. Lately, home had felt less and less comforting and he wanted to get out. He’d been looking into more affordable housing lately, so anything that potentially earned him more of that was worth it.

There were tons of other things he wanted, but chief among them was getting a girlfriend. With this book, that kind of thing would become absurdly simple, but before that he needed to really do some soul searching.

Looking down at the napkins in front of him, he realized there was one thing he needed even more than money. He needed help. He had to be overlooking something obvious and important and it was stressing him out. Of course, he didn’t have many people he’d trust with this information…

One did come to mind, though it was still a gamble either way. Sam decided to risk it anyway though. After all, if you couldn’t trust family, then who could you trust?

Sam took out his phone and dialed in. Sure, he could have driven to the apartment and asked his twin in person, but he wasn’t too keen on meeting his other roommate instead.

The line rang almost the whole way through, until it finally connected. Sam was too excited to wait any longer before excitedly explaining, “Samantha, you are never going to believe this, but I found this notebook and–”

A different voice than Sam was expecting answered irritably, “It’s Bree, dumbass. Samantha’s asleep right now. Are you seriously getting excited over a stupid notebook?”

Sam held back the curse that almost left his lips. Of course it would be her. Could things get any more awkward?

“Oh. Hey Bree. Is there any chance you could wake up my sister? It’s important.”

She spat back irritably, “A fucking notebook isn’t important you ass. And no, I’m not waking my girlfriend up just because you want to bug her for something useless again. She’s tired. Hell, I think she’s even tired of you.”

Sam took a calming breath. So, it was going to be one of those mornings then. “I’m not going to argue how my twin sister feels about me with you, because that would be insensitive.”

“Right. Insensitive. Kinda like watching lesbian porn while rooming with your twin sister and her girlfriend. You’re classy like that.”

It took a lot to just… not react to that. The girl was trying to push him, to make him angry, because then she would just use his own anger to prove her point somehow. It usually worked too, but today Sam felt unusually calm for some reason. Confident even.

So he smoothly answered back, “Bree, I never took you for someone who would kink shame. I expected better from you. If anything, you were the rude one for not knocking first. It's not my fault you wanted to peek in on my alone time and be a massive bitch about it.”

Maybe that last part was a mistake, because the line went completely silent for far too long.

With real venom, she whispered, “You are a disgusting, pathetic man. You’re gonna be alone for the rest of your life and I will do everything in my power to get you out of ours. I don’t want to live with someone who gets off on their sister’s sex life, and neither does she.”

That bugged him. “Yeah, you want to think that all guys are disgusting pigs. I remember you saying that very clearly. Shame that I know my sister doesn’t share the same feelings as you, and I don’t think she’ll think I’m suddenly into because I have a healthy sex drive and that I like girls. In fact, that’s one of the things she and I used to agree on the most as kids, so good luck with that.”

Then he grinned to himself. “Oh, I know why you sound so frustrated this morning! You got into an argument with her over me, didn’t you? You’re just mad that my sister is a better person than you are.”

In all honesty, Sam knew he’d officially gone too far. Sure, his relationship with Bree had always been strained for one reason or another, and she’d said some pretty hurtful things herself, but that didn’t give him the right to act like this. He was usually better than this.

‘Or just too weak to fight back.’ Hissed the little voice in the back of his head.

Either way, he instantly felt bad as soon as he said the words, but he wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to take them back. Not after all the shit Bree had put him through over the last couple days.

She answered back stiffly, “Fuck you Samuel. I’m glad your sister is a better person than you too.” Then she hung up.

Sam didn’t let go of his phone for a long while, digesting the whole conversation. It had been equal parts cathartic and frustrating. He stood his ground, but at the cost of finally putting a line in the sand that would likely drive a wedge between him and his favorite (and only) twin sister. He’d said too much.

But so had Bree. She’d decided to take all her frustration out on him and now because of her he was losing his relationship with his twin, who’d been with him all his life. They’d joked when they were kids about sharing a girlfriend someday (stupid as the idea was) or maybe sharing a house together with each of their significant others. It would never have worked, but the sentiment had been there.

Now? Samantha and Bree were pretty serious, even with Bree’s faults. One conversation was all it had taken to likely sour any and all future meetings together from now on. Barely five minutes of arguing over something stupid had the chance of costing him literally years.

Unless…

Use The Notebook?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)