More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Johanna Johanna

What rule do you make first?

A (rather comprehensive) office policy

Tempted as you are to write universally applicable (in your society at least) rules, you decide this might not be the best way to start things off. Instead another playing field is available to you; the massive, diverse, complex and far too correct for your tastes firm you work in. Far too quickly, as if your brain had these ready to go, you have a fairly clear plan to make specific changes - and to tailor them to include the right people (yourself among them, of course).

“Old Rule: the female management from the position of team manager and above and female specialists of the same paygrades in Indigo Sales have a reputation for their professionalism, but also for often being condescending and unreasonable towards their subordinates and even peers.”

Not much changes as you stop writing... But then there was no reason for it to. Except... You try to think back to your last moments in the office before you went out for lunch. You know that you had an amiable chat with Diana, the market researcher in your team and told Dave, your intern, that it will not be a problem if he does not manage to finish the report perfectly on the (intentionally tight, as you know) deadline.

You also know, however, that it was a much quicker and drier conversation with Diana (and that, your newly forming memories tell you, was not too bad for the domineering manager you now were). Dave, furthermore, only looked up at you from his furiously fast typing and squealed a polite "bye", not even daring to ask about the possibility of being late. Well, the preparation clearly worked. Now it was time for the main event.

“New Rule: from (you insert tomorrow's date) a policy is implemented by the board to combat the problem outlined in the above Old Rule. The principles for the initial rules are listed below; these may be subject to change. …

Once again you are surprised how quickly a list comes to you. You have not realised before quite how much time you have spent imagining being treated in most of these ways at some point. Although you do have to pause and think on occasion, the ways in which you (and other select individuals) will be mistreated just flow from under your pencil.

“…

  1. The affected female employees must work in the nude. Their first action on entering the building is to proceed to their desk and strip fully by it. Clothing is only allowed from immediately before and until immediately after leaving the office.
  2. The affected female employees may be corporeally punished for any work errors or further demonstrations of poor work ethics by any other employee.
  3. The affected female employees will be only be allowed the use of specially prepared bathrooms with at least one wall made entirely transparent and facing a public space of the office.
  4. The affected female employees must ask their direct subordinates (such as their team) for a spanking in the beginning of each working day as punishment for previously held attitudes.
  5. The affected female employees must complete shifts of non-skilled work around the office; this can include menial labour or using one's appearance.
  6. The affected female employees must attend at least two gym sessions per week in the company-run gym; they must advise their immediate colleagues of the time of their sessions.
  7. The affected female employees will continue to perform their duties without change and receive compliance with their instructions in all matters other than their own performance and attitude."

This would make an interesting start, at least, you think, even though you cannot begin to imagine how would you be able to handle even a small part of these changes. You have given yourself a bit of time to think about it and maybe test out the Rulebook further before the policy came into effect.

And then your email notification pings.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)