More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Johanna Johanna

What's next?

Read the email and return to work

You get work emails all the time, obviously, but the timing of it makes you all but certain that the Rulebook and your actions with it are the reason behind the notification. You open the message, noticing your fingers shake slightly. The text takes an agonising second to load, but the heading has already told you the Rulebook is working. The email is titled "Urgent: New Policy".

You scroll down fast, eager to gulp the information, but still read carefully enough to retain the details. You know the "skeleton" of the policy, of course, having written it minutes ago, but in this new reality and HR team has been working long and hard to work out the many details. You learn, for example, that enemas up to a certain size are permitted for punishment for rudeness, but hand spanking is restricted to buttocks and thighs only to avoid more sexual contact. There are also detailed guidelines on what offences should warrant what level of pain for the higher-up women about to find themselves not quite so high-up in some ways.

A lot of the finer provisos do not concern you directly and you only glance upon them; the affected employees with physical disabilities may be excused from menial labour and gym sessions, for example, but will undergo extra humiliation in other ways. The last section, however, addresses the women in question directly; you assume it has not been sent out to any other employees. You are told that implementing such a policy was a hard decision to make, but it was felt that all other options were exhausted with no success in improving the team relationships and with the group targeted by the new policy being the clear culprits. The legal aspect of the policy is then explained (which can be summed up as "you cannot do anything about this") and you are offered a chance to resign by the end of today. You have a feeling, though, that not many would. While you are very new to using the Rulebook, something tells you that the victims of the rules will obviously be humiliated and frustrated, but not outraged. The policy will be seen as obviously unorthodox, but not out of the question.

It is time, however, to head back to work. From tomorrow being late from a lunch break will earn you punishment, and although you'd like to sample some of it, it would be good to stick to the good habits at least to start with. You safely tuck the Rulebook into your bag and dispose of the remains of your lunch before starting the short walk back... Wondering how the office will feel with the knowledge of what to come.

In a few minutes you find out that while not much has changed on the surface, there is a clear buzz of incredulity and excitement; the news reached practically everyone already. While nobody dares say anything to you directly (before they actually see you naked, it makes sense that they continue to treat you as the domineering boss you apparently now are), you collect plenty of expectant looks even as you pass through the lobby. Half-subconsciously you walk faster, hurrying through the public area. The elevator luckily has only one woman in it as you enter with the doors closing immediately behind you.

The woman turns around towards you... And turns out to be Bella, your peer from a rival sales group. You have to admit your professional rivalry has on too many occasions spilled outside work to the point where you are nearly enemies (childish as that sounds), but right now she does not look in any way a threat to anyone, obviously having received the same email. The stunning redhead is not crying, but she is not far from it. She also seems happy to see you, presumably on the grounds of you being in the same boat. She does not know, of course, that the boat is of your own creation.

You exchange very warm greetings before Bella launches into a rant both angry and scared. You do not have to pretend too hard to be scared too and she seems to feel better after a chance to find a listener; she continues talking after you both step out of the elevator into the hallway of the floor your teams share. When you can get a word in, you try to reassure her it will not be too bad and likely temporary; she should carry on rather than resign and risk her career. After all, here you both will continue performing important duties and manage people... Just with some adjustments to routine.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)