More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Control Freak Control Freak

So, who gets their hands on the Role Swapper?

Tony, 20-something guy with three roommates.

Tony entered the house and shut the door behind him, turning the strange object around in his hand as he slipped out of his sneakers. He had found it on the walk home from the fast food place he worked at, nestled in some bushes near the sidewalk. Its weird sci-fi appearance had immediately caught his attention, and with no one else around he simply pocketed it and took it with him. Now that he was home, he could devote his full attention to figuring out what the hell it was.

He plopped himself down on the couch and started inspecting the device he was holding. It looked kind of like an universal remote from the future, with a dull silver exterior and a small LCD screen that was currently blank. Beneath the screen were three buttons lined up across the middle of the device. The one in the center was the kind of large red button that was just begging to be pressed, while the buttons on either side of it were smaller and green. There were no other buttons on the front of the device, and turning it over Tony saw that the back of the device had some sort of panel on the back, most likely for batteries. However, he didn't see a way to open it, not even a screw he could remove.

Curious about whether it actually was a remote of some kind, Tony pointed the device at the TV across from him and pressed the red button in the center. To his utter lack of shock, nothing happened.

"Hey, whatcha got there?" a voice beside him said, nearly causing Tony to drop the remote in surprise. He looked over to see his friend and roommate Paul, dressed in sweats and a white t-shirt, dropping down on the couch next to him.

"No clue," Tony answered, "I can't get it to do anything. Don't you have work?"

"Day off, remember?" Paul replied, grabbing the device by the top to look it over himself, "Maybe it's broken. Or the battery's dead. Where'd you find that thing anyway?"

"...on the ground..." Tony mumbled.

"Then yeah, change the batteries," Paul said, handing back the object and grabbing the actual TV remote to begin channel surfing, "Or throw it out. Do whatever you want, man."

Tony frowned and looked back down at the device, thinking about what to do with it. As he did, he noticed that the green button on the left was now lit up, and the LCD screen displayed the words 'Target 1 Selected'. Paul must have accidentally pressed the button while he was handing it back. Tony was about to bring it up when he was interrupted by the sounds of front door opening and feminine giggling.

Tony turned to face the door and was met with the beautiful sight of his other two roommates, Karen and Nikki. The two of them were a lesbian couple that Paul had introduced him to when he first moved in. They shared the master bedroom, which neither Tony nor Paul contested since the pair were not only paying half the rent combined, but were hot as hell. Karen was the more girly of the two, a buxom blonde with long flowing hair that went practically everywhere in a skirt and heels. Today she was wearing both, along with a cute pink top that put her generous cleavage on display. Nikki, while still attractive and feminine in her own way, tended to dress more casually, with t-shirts and jeans composing a majority of her wardrobe. Her black hair with bright red highlights completed the 'punk rocker lite' look she tended to go for, and while she wasn't as curvy as her partner, she was toned underneath her clothes, which she loved to show off when working out. Together, the two of them were an endless temptation of forbidden fruit for Tony and Paul. Currently, the two lovebirds were holding hands and giggling to one another, obviously in the middle of a conversation when they were walking in.

"...so Elena said that I should really- oh, hey guys!" Karen said, stopping mid-sentence to wave at the pair of guys.

"Hey girls, what's up?" Paul said, pausing his channel surfing to greet the two of them.

"Nothing much," Nikki said, setting her bag down by the door, "Just got back from lunch. What about you?"

"Same," Paul answered with a shrug, "I was just trying to figure out what to watch."

"What about you, Tony?" Karen asked, "Anything exciting happen at work today?"

"Not really," Tony said, reaching his arm over the back of the couch to better face the girl. As he did, his thumb silently slipped over the small button on the right.

"What's that?" Karen asked, pointing at the device in his hand.

"I don't know..." Tony repeated, looking at the remote once more. Now both green buttons were lit up, and the LCD screen now displayed 'Target 2 Selected. Confirm to Engage Swap'. What the hell did that mean?

"It's some weird toy he found on the way home," Paul answered for him, "He's been trying to get it to work for the past couple of minutes, but no luck."

Tony's thumb hovered over the big red button. Was that what it meant by 'Engage Swap'? He decided there was only one way to find out, and pressed the button. A split-second after he did, the screen changed to display 'Swap Complete', and the two side buttons were no longer lit.

"Oh, that's a shame," Tony heard Paul's voice say again, though oddly enough not from beside him, and at a slightly higher pitch. Tony looked back up to answer, but he was rendered speechless by what he saw.

Paul was standing next to Nikki and holding her hand, but he looked vastly different than he did a second ago. His unkempt brown hair was now neatly styled and flowed down past his shoulders, in a similar way that Karen tended to wear hers, and he was wearing pink lipstick and a hint of makeup on his face that Tony only noticed because of the lack of it a second ago, and his now missing stubble. What was even more bizarre was the fact that he was now wearing Karen's clothes, which was a skirt that ended just above the knees, heeled sandals, and the same chest exposing pink top that Karen walked in wearing. Oddly enough, it was now sized to fit his flat chest, and Tony swore he could see the edge of a bra underneath it.

"P-Paul?!?" Tony finally stammered, in complete shock at what was in front of him.

"What's up, man?" he heard Karen's voice said next to him. Turning his head, Tony was greeted by another sight that was nearly as shocking. Karen was sitting next to him wearing the plain white t-shirt and grey sweats that Paul had been wearing a moment previously. Her blonde hair was now just as short and messy as Paul's had been, but in a slightly different way than his had been, and it was clear that she wasn't wearing any kind of make-up. Or a bra, which was a bit more obvious at the moment given that she still had her large breasts, and the t-shirt was thin enough that her nipples were making slight indents in the fabric.

"Hello, earth to Tony!" Karen said, waving her hand in front of him, "Dude, are you okay? What's wrong with you?"

Tony finally managed to out a brief, "Karen..."

"What, am I...?" Paul looked down at his top and gasped, covering his chest as he shot Tony a glare that was more familiar coming from Karen, "Were you staring at my chest again?"

"Chill out, Karen," the real Karen said, rolling her eyes at the man wearing her clothes, "He isn't even looking in your direction. Seriously Tony, what is up with you?"

"Whatever it is, I'm sure he's fine," Nikki said, wrapping an arm around Paul's waist, "Now come on baby, you've kept me waiting long enough."

To Tony's shock, Nikki then stood up on her toes and started kissing Paul on the nape of the neck. Paul blushed and shied away from Nikki with a grin on his face and giggled, "Nikki, stoooooop! Not in front of the boys..."

"Fine, the bedroom it is then," Nikki said in response, taking the taller man's hand and pulling him towards the hallway. As they passed the couch, Tony swore he could see the front of Paul's skirt start to rise up.

Really though, Tony was in utter shock. There was no way, no way, that Nikki would ever be willing to kiss a guy like that, ever. But here she was, doting on Paul. And he was taking it like this was a regular thing for him! Almost like he was...

Tony looked back at Karen, who just groaned and reached for the remote again. He couldn't help but notice that her nipples were now more prominently erect under her shirt.

"Fucking lesbians, am I right?" she muttered, in that same half-teasing way Paul did whenever the couple got all lovey-dovey in front of them, "Seriously, living here's driving me nuts. I really need to get a girlfriend, or at least a good one-nighter."

She leaned back into the couch and spread her legs a bit to get comfy, "Ugh, I need to get my mind off of them going at it. What do you want to watch?"

"...W-Whatever's fine..." Tony mumbled.

Karen raised a brow at this, then shrugged and went back to channel surfing, "Whatever, man."

This was completely unbelievable. Karen and Paul just completely switched places, and no one but Tony seemed to care, or even notice! It's like they just suddenly swapped lives.

...Swapped...

Tony looked down at the remote in his hand as it suddenly hit him just what it's true function was. He had the power to switch people's lives around at a whim. How far did it work? Could he use it on someone walking by outside? On TV? Was it even limited to just people?

And most importantly of all, what was he going to do about Paul and Karen?

What does Tony do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)