More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Cross C Cross C

What's next?

Ring of Lies - Demon King Daimao

The prestigious Konstantin Magic Academy, it is here where all those who wish to serve the Empire must go and excel. It is here where each individual's occupation is chosen based on their personality, mental, and physical abilities through the use of the Artificial Spirit Raven. It is here where a promising altruistic eighteen year old young man named Akuto Sai learned that he was destined for the occupation of DEMON KING, the feared and prosephied being destined to overthrow the hierarchies of civilization and build the world anew. It is here where his every attempt to prove himself not the Demon King has through a comedy of error and ridiculous coincidence, only strengthened the student body's belief in his dark destiny.

It is hear where said youth is now relaxing in the baths after another physical battle he'd tried his hardest to avoid with his friend eighteen year old Hiroshi, the slight boy who'd volunteered to be his minion after he'd saved him from bullies.

For the moment they were quiet as Hiroshi continually dunked his head under the water. Akuto relaxed into the side of the bath, letting the warm water work the kinks out of his strained muscles while idly peering at the golden ring on his right index finger. He'd found it this morning slipped under his door with a note. 'From a Secret Admirer' it had said. Akuto hadn't been sure he'd wanted to encourage the advances of a stranger but given his reputation, he'd decided he couldn't afford to alienate even one potential friend. And what if it came from one of his very few tentative friends, Junko or Kena? It would surely be an insult to refrain from wearing the thoughtful gift even if he wasn't sure he was ready for a more serious relationship given his need to focus on his studies to catch up having transferred in the middle of the school year, and not to mention all of the stresses brought about by this Demon King mix up.

His pondering of the ring was interrupted by Hiroshi speaking up, “You maybe the Demon King but you usually seem pretty normal to me.”.

“What's that’s supposed to mean?” asked Akuto.

“By the way with the incident with the class president. That was impressive.”

“What?”

“I thought you were just trying to sneak into her room at first. But who would have thought you were there to grope the academy's visible don and beat her up afterwards?!”

Akuto grimaced as he was reminded of the incident with Junko. Who was he kidding? Friends after that? Not likely... “The visible don?” he asked to take his mind off of it.

“Huh? You didn't know? To tell you the truth this academy is just two sided.”

“Hmm?”

“There are delinquents who just pretend to be normal students on the surface but when people aren't looking they embrace black magic and use it for evil.”

“But I thought you're not allowed to use black magic, right?”

“That's right. That's why Junko Hattori, with her strong sense of justice, was entrusted to use to stop them. Because of that she eventually became the Visible Don of the Academy.”

“Visible Don? Well. So that means there's an Invisible Don, too?”

“That we don't know.”

“You don't know?”

Hiroshi answered while standing and leaving the bath, “Supposedly, only a handful of delinquents know about it. Well, I'm getting out. See you later!” He ran through the doors into the changing room.

Visible and Invisible, huh? Not so typical-huh? He turned to the doors as he heard Hiroshi's shriek.

After a moment, he heard the boy cry out, “Like stop smiling at me with that face! You're making me feel like- kind of small!”

Akuto decided he'd better check out who was lingering just outside, given the delinquents' frequent attempts to attack him. He wouldn't put it past them to try to ambush him while he was indisposed like this. Getting out of the water, he grabbed his towel and wrapped his waist before heading over.

Opening the sliding door, he called out, “Hey, what's the matter?”

On the other side of the room, he saw a certain petite greenette peering at him through a partly open door. With a stifled sigh, he approached her. He should have expected Kurone's presence given that her orders from the government were to observe him at all times for signs that he truly was becoming the fabled threat, the Demon King.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)