More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by WonderfulSil WonderfulSil

Who Found The Rulebook?

Emiko Tanaka (19), a young woman obsessed with fiction and its characters.

Emiko sat in complete and stunned silence; trying to do her best to comprehend what just happened in front of her eyes. She simply did as instructed and the book actually worked as described, which literally altered reality in order to do so.

It was astonishing.

As Emiko tried to wrap her mind around it, she just found that she couldn't. No matter which way she tried to justify it through logic or anything of the similar sort. It was just completely and utterly impossible to actually fathom that something like this, also that some poor bastard had probably unintentionally left it in a coffee shop.

Emiko shook her head violently, it was pointless to think about some poor bastard because there was no poor bastard. This wasn't just a regular notebook and she had just imagined a topless, nothing unusual or strange. Just a very odd thought that happened to trick her eyes for a split second, nothing more or nothing less and she would prove it.

Taking up her pencil once again, Emiko started writing in the notebook.

She wasn't quite sure where her previous train of thought was going when she wrote the initial idea for the topless barista; but she decided to continue that overly absurd trend of ideas.

'Old Rule: All women are naked at all times'

And like that; Emiko was sitting naked in the coffee shop. And all the other female customers and female workers were just as naked as she was.

"Holy Shit" Emiko mumbled to herself; there was no way any of this was a hallucination. This was real.

That revelation almost overpowered the burning embarrassment of being butt naked in public like this; a feeling that was starting to fade away ticked passed. As her mind grew fuzzy and she started to not be able pinpoint why she should feel embarrassed, Emiko realized what was happening and with a quick hand. Spun her pencil around and erased her previous rule, and just like that. Everything was back to normal.

So a change to the rules would affect the memories of everyone, she only probably remembered the old ways thanks to being the one who did it with the book and she was nearly too late being able to change it back.

Yeah she would definitely need to make sure not to make any more mistakes like that.

But that brought her back to this moment; she had a reality changing notebook and granted she could play it smart. She could live out a few fantasies.

And oh boy did her fantasies have some ranges.

From something as simple as being picked for a free meal at a restaurant to some of the most kinky things she never thought she would ever be able to live out, speaking of things she's never thought she would be able to live out.

Emiko was a girl with most of the time in the land of fiction; it was where she found the most comfort when she was younger. She was a Japanese immigrant who had spent the first seven years of her life in Japan, and when her family decided to pack up and go halfway across the world to America. She found herself suffering some real culture shock.

For years she was an outcast for being unable to speak proper English and having weird mannerisms that were normal back in Japan, luckily enough she was never consistently bullied like some kids were but she was never welcomed. All she had for company were the characters in a book or a comic or a movie, so much of her childhood had been spent with people who aren't even real.

Even now at age 19, with the ability to speak English like it was her first language and accustomed growth to the American way of life. Emiko still found herself preferring a life of fiction over a life of reality, which she sadly had to accept was a bad look on things. She would never get to live those fictional fantasies she so desired, she was just wasting space in her head that could be replaced with more valuable things like an actual skill.

Well fuck whoever said that.

She now has the ability to live in the worlds that captivated her attention, she now has a chance to be part of her favorite stories and even create variations of them. And maybe get to fuck some of her favorite characters in the process. Honestly deep down in the most honest part of her soul; she knew that a lot of her fantasies were just going to be her going down the list of fictional character she wanted to bed, and her being bisexual. That was an incredibly long list.

But first things first.

Insurance was going to be needed for a few things; mainly in the realm of dealing with the monkey paw style of reality-altering power the book possessed. The main thing was that it didn't necessarily directly interfere with reality, it interfered with rules that interfered with reality. So in order to get a specific outcome, one would need to be real specific with wording.

Which for her plans, was going to be a major pain in the ass.

She would need to plan her words out perfectly and use multiple rules working together; and she would have to hope that none of the rules would conflict with each other in some unexpected way.

Not that it would be impossible to her, she was a smart if socially awkward cookie. It was just incredibly tedious when she knew she was going to have trouble transferring what she was thinking onto the page…

A light bulb just figuratively turned on above her head.

A multi-fix to a great deal of her predicted problems but she was going to run into, as well as just generally being less tedious then any alternative. So she lifted her pencil and wrote:

'New Rule: The Power Of The Rulebook is permanently and irreversibly transferred over to Emiko Tanaka's mind'

Emiko suddenly felt like a million bucks, she was full of positive energy and every part of her was ready to take on whatever the day had to throw. She definitely knew that it worked.

But testing it wouldn't work.

So Emiko began to think and without a word; she did her intention. Which was a very simple test of her abilities, she simply changed the color of the lady behind the counter apron. Going from a green to a blue, and nobody noticed in the slightest.

The power had been sharpened significantly thanks to now working with a powerful biological component; because inside of now having to deal with specific wording. All she needed to do was think of a general idea and the Mind filled out details.

Her memories were not fading of the old green apron and nobody else noticed the difference; things that were done but she didn't need to actively think about it like she would have needed to write it down with the book. Instead subconscious intentions filled it out and she was ready to rock.

Emiko stood up with a smile; she put the regular ruled notebook into her purse and walked out of the coffee shop. She wanted to go home before she started changing things to live out her first time fantasy.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)