More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Redshift_9 Redshift_9

Who Found The Rulebook?

Dave Baker: youngest son in a Reconstituted Family. (Interracial)

Dave was avoiding home as usual. After his mother died 3 years ago things were rough him and his sister practically held the family together for a year it was his father could do to keep his job let alone maintain a house or be bothered with anything but the most basic things. The insurance and later the lawsuit made their father rich enough to not need to work again but he and his wife built the company from nothing and without it he may never recover.

Then Rina came along. It was like a really bad Japanese reboot of The Brady Bunch. 6 months ago Rina transfered to the U.S. bringing her 3 daughters from a previous Marriage. last month she Married Daves dad and now he can't even get comfortable in his own home.

He can't walk in the door without smelling something weird for dinner or listening to heated conversations he can't understand 2 words of. Being told to take off his shoes and being grilled about his grades.

Relaxing in the coffee shop down the street was the last normal thing he had left and he did so nearly daily staying until his curfew demanded he return home most days.

Today was going to be no different until he came across the notebook. He was amused by the concept. Looked like someone was storyboarding some kind of short story. Still he found the idea a bit amusing and decided to try the thing out.

New rule: Dave Baker can speak, read and write any language flawlessly without effort.

He was struck with a wave of dizziness for a moment but didn't notice anything everyone was speaking English not that he really expected anything to happen. It was a bit early but he decided to pack up and go home. His father was supposed to be home in time for dinner tonight usually Rina didn't push too hard when he was there.

What does Dave come home to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)