More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Talonblade Talonblade

There are plenty of people in the cafe, and you have a lot of questions. Who will you ask?

A nerdy but cute brunette on her laptop

You looked around the coffee shop for a bit, clipboard and Rulebook safely tucked under your arm and ready to go. Luckily, there didn't seem to be any other men with clipboards in the store, something you totally failed to account for when you made your rule. Still, it was an early-ish Saturday morning so there were few people here anyway.

After a few seconds of looking around, you noticed a cute looking brunette clacking away at her laptop in a corner table. She had her hair done up in a low ponytail, so you weren't quite sure how long it was, but if you were paid to guess you would say about upper back in length. Her face was a bit fuller than what could be deemed 'pretty', but you thought her blue eyes and the smattering of freckles on her nose made her look cute anyway. Slightly curvy, she wore a sweater that hid her figure and some loose gym pants. All in all, this was a girl who was not looking for any attention today, perhaps any day. Well, you happen to have a way to change all of that.

She looks like she could do with a small confidence boost anyway.

Taking one last sip of your bitter energy, you walked up to her.

Time for your three-year tenure as the Vice-President of the Manga club to pay off.

"H-hello there," despite having god-like power, she still has the power over you that any cute girl does, "m-my name is Vincent Ivy, Vice President of the M-my school's newspaper."

Shit, almost fucked that up.

At first, the girl looked like a mix of annoyed and nervous. Then she noticed your clipboard, and her expression melted into a slight smile. You guess that she understood that you were about to ask her some questions, like anyone with a clipboard here would. At least, you made it that way.

So emotional control is true, along with reality bending. Good, the more tools the better.

"Oh," her voice was soft and slightly unsure, but she was markedly more comfortable than before, "I suppose that you're here to ask me some questions?"

You chuckle, a slightly unpleasant sound in your own opinion, but the girl didn't mind.

Alright, the first test was the normality test.

"Perceptive. Yes, I would like to interview you about this establishment and it's... slightly bizarre practices."

"Bizarre?" she looked confused for a moment.

"Heh, we'll get to that in a minute, but I have to get your name first!"

"Oh! Right! My name is Katrina Kyles."

You made a show of writing her name at the top of your clipboard, making sure she thought you were the real deal. She didn't seem any more confident though, even though she answered at least one indirect question. So it seemed that the Rulebook operated on the word of a rule, not the spirit. You would have to keep an eye on that. You also made a note of her name, thinking of rewarding her further if you feel like it.

"Alright Ms. Kyles," taking on your best guess at a professional tone, "I am going to warn you now that there are quite a few questions that my paper wants. Plus, my paper likes to have a few copies of the same question for some crazy reason," you said that last bit in a very exasperated tone, earning you a small smile from the girl, "so this will take a while, perhaps even an hour..." you trailed off.

"Yes yes, I understand. To be honest with you, I was here to write some fanfiction anyway. So I have plenty of free time to answer your questions."

Jackpot.

You grin a little, walking around and sitting across from Katrina. The Rulebook is sizable, but you manage to hid it behind your clipboard. The table is a glass-top, so you can see a majority of her as you begin.

"Now Ms. Kyles, I am sure that you're aware of this coffee shops policy on female workers. It would be kind of hard not to notice. So I ask, as a female patron of this cafe, how does its policy make you feel?"

"Well, it seems fine to me." Was it just you, or did she slouch a little less after that? "I mean, it's not something I would do, but the girls up there don't seem to mind."

You wait in silence for a moment more, trying to milk her for more information. You really only had nine more questions before she ran somewhere to masturbate due to your own rules, so you had to conserve them.

"I mean..." she starts up again, "it's no more a gimmick than any store really, so why would it bother me?"

Alright, so she views this as totally normal under an Old Rule. Let's see what happens when I do this.

You scratch out the words "Old Rule" from your very first rule and looked at the counter.

Nothing changed. She was still as topless as she was before.

You hummed, miming writing something down, then erased the Old and replaced it with new.

You looked back again. The redheaded girl was still wearing no top, but now was taking pains to make sure that her nipples stayed hidden behind the apron.

"I'm sorry Ms. Kyle, this is one of those questions that the head editor," you let some faux annoyance leak into your voice, "demands that I ask twice. So, again, what are your thoughts as a female patron of this establishment about their dress code for female employees?"

"Ugh," Katrina looked visibly angry now, "it is another sure sign of the patriarchy creeping into our lives." Ah, she was a more hard core type of feminist. Then again, most of them would be even more upset than this, "Still, there is not much that we can do about it. They got it signed into law that this coffee shop can exploit its employees, and as much as I find it distasteful, there isn't anything I can do about it. I wouldn't work here in a million years though."

You just love it when she mentions that little fact without prodding on your part. Saves you a question.

Now Katrina is visibly straightening her back, looking a little less beaten down.

You quickly replace the New with Old again and watch Katrina relax her face.

"What would you say if they wanted to make their employee's bottomless?"

Once again her hackles rise, though only slightly.

"Ugh, that would be disgusting. It's one thing when their tits are out. They're contained by those cute aprons. I really don't want their pubic hair somehow ending up in my coffee, as unlikely as that sounds."

Fascinating, was she pushing her chest out slightly? This was working perfectly!

What other questions do you want to ask Katrina? Or would you rather just move on to something 'active'?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)