More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by protoborg protoborg

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

The Lutece Device

They stood staring at the remains of the enormous statue. The head and left arm had long since been blown off. The city burning in the background gave mute testimony to what that statue had created. Handing the instrument to him, The Girl gave one final look at the place that had been her home and prison for most of her life. The strange man asked her again if she truly wanted to destroy the place. She looked at him for a moment before kissing him in a way that no womyn has ever kissed her own father and told him to destroy the damn thing. He agreed and played the four notes which would bring the evil mechanical birdman down on the siphon. Songbird swooped in and around the massive "leash" that was the siphon. Striking the tower at the hip, Songbird vanished for a moment as a brilliant beam of bright blueish light escaped the siphon's destruction. Moments later, a huge explosion of the same light engulfed the man and womyn as the energies contained within the siphon were released into the multiverse. As Songbird flew toward the two humans, the Girl opened a tear to another world. While it ultimately saved the two humans, it also allowed the device at the heart of the siphon to escape to an entirely different dimension from the one Booker and Elizabeth found themselves in.

The moment the energies contained within the siphon were released they sought the weakest point in the membrane between realities. The enormous quantity of energy was such that it dragged the Lutece device along with it. However, there was one slight difference between the two realities; in the new reality, the flow of scientific knowledge had occurred somewhat differently. The tear was so overpowered by the siphon's destruction, though, that the device was altered as it passed through. It ceased to be a physical device and, seeking such a device to be its home, was drawn to the nearest active electronic device it could find. The electronic device it found just so happened to be the phone of Alex Vincent. He would not, however, find out about the little addition to his phone until he woke up in the morning. At the time, he was fast asleep in bed.

What does Alex find in the morning?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)