More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LLation LLation

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

The Dialogue Menu

The Dialogue Menu is a device that once existed in a virtual framework, but has somehow found its way into our world. As the name suggests, the Dialogue Menu is derived from the varying role-playing games that incorporate a mechanic that allows the player character to communicate with NPCs using scripted dialogue options.

How this applies in the real world is as follows:

The Dialogue Menu may be activated or deactivated at the will of the user and may only be used on people who are able to physically hear the user speak.

Every person the user of the Dialogue Menu interacts with will feature a number of available dialogue options. Some of these options will be “grayed out,” indicating that a prerequisite for the option has not yet been met and the person will refuse to answer or comply with the dialogue option. For example, a stranger you’ve never interacted with before might not be willing to tell you about her sexual fantasies via a dialogue option because you’ve not yet built up an appropriate level of “Agreeableness” with that person.

Agreeableness, put simply, is the measure of a person’s willingness to answer a question or carry out a request/order featured as a dialogue option. It is a numbered value that applies to each person individually, but is only visible and applicable to the user of the Dialogue Menu. By default, a person's Agreeableness with the user will be near zero, allowing only the most basic dialogue options to be carried out successfully, though a person's Agreeableness can be higher or lower due to a user's relationship with that person.

Agreeableness “points” can be built up in any person when the user successfully manages to get such a person to answer or comply with a dialogue option. Point prerequisites for any dialogue option will be listed in parentheses immediately before the dialogue option. Points with a person may also be built up by improving your relationship with that person the old fashioned way (compliments, buying gifts, doing favors, engaging in fun group activities, etc.). As a general rule, relationships that exist before the user acquires the Dialogue Menu may be grandfathered in as additional points, depending on the strength and nature of the relationship.

Relationship natures can present “debuffs” to a person’s Agreeableness score as it applies to a dialogue option. For instance, a user may have an extraordinarily high number of Agreeableness points with his mother, but any dialogue option that would contradict the nature of that relationship (Such as: “Mom, suck my cock.”) may be grayed out due to a debuff penalty. Such debuffs and their conditional point penalties will be listed after each dialogue option they apply to. The debuffs can be overcome, however, by surpassing the debuff via the accumulation of Agreeableness points.

As within many RPGs, dialogue options may be repeated infinitely. Successful non-grayed out options will never “expire” after repeated use and the subject of the repeated dialogue option will not be aware of the fact that they are answering a question they've answered before or are carrying out a request they've carried out before (any effect such dialogue options have on the real world that the subject cannot ignore will be rationalized away), no matter how many times this is done, unless the user toggles this feature off (this is not recommended). Agreeableness points can be gained indefinitely via successfully repeated dialogue options, but point gains are subject to diminishing returns with each repetition.

By default, the Dialogue Menu is only visible to the user due to the fact that its activation effectively pauses time, preventing anyone (including the user) from moving (only the user's mind, perception, and ability to choose a dialogue option and close the Dialogue Menu are unaffected). This feature can disabled, allowing for a free range of movement, but this will cause the Menu to be visible to anyone within eyesight upon activation, so choose wisely.

Who does the Menu end up with?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)