More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Anonymous51 Anonymous51

What's next?

Tainted Gestalt: Four of the Eight Universes

Jim McNutt increased his speed and met up with his friend Rick. "Hey, wait up. Where are you off to in such a hurry?" he asked him.

"I'm meeting Candace tonight and I want to get ready," Jim's red-headed friend said.

"So you two are serious now?" He never thought he'd see the day when Rick finally had a steady girlfriend. Frankly, he didn't think any girl could put up with his goofball personality.

"As serious as you and Sharon," Rick answered.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise that sounded like a sonic boom. Jim and Rick looked up at the sky and that's when they saw something falling to the ground. It seemed to come out of nowhere. After a moment, it crashed in a grassy field nearby.

"What the hell was that?" Rick asked.

"I don't know. Let's check it out," Jim said.

They both ran towards the impact site and saw something that looked like a small glass cube. But this was no ordinary glass. It seemed to pulse with some kind of electric power.

Jim and Rick looked at each other, then both tried to grab the cube.


"I'm really sorry about your grandfather, Jon," Karyn said, putting her hand on her friend's shoulder. "I didn't really know him all that well, but the way you talk about him, he must have been a great guy."

Jon Gibson had just lost his grandfather. It had come unexpectedly and that's probably what hurt the most. That he hadn't been able to say goodbye. Apparently, he'd be getting his inheritance sometime soon. His grandfather wasn't rich or anything, but being an archeologist, he was able to acquire artifacts, both unique and priceless. Jon figured that was what was waiting for him, whenever the mail delivered it.

"Do you hear that?" Karyn asked suddenly. She turned, causing her short reddish-brown hair to move ever so slightly. Her B-cup breasts barely moved at all. Oh, how he wished sometimes that she was more like some of the other girls at school, like that bitchy blond Sarah McMillan, minus the bitchy part, of course.

Jon had a crush on her, but never expressed his love. Being a tomboy, she always seemed more like a best friend than a lover-type. He wasn't sure if she felt the same way towards him and he didn't want to ruin their friendship if she didn't.

"I think there's something over there," she said. Both of them walked over to a flowerbed and saw what looked like a small glass cube. But there was something odd about it. It looked ... electrified?

Jon and Karyn looked at each other briefly, before both reached down for the cube.


42-year old Ted Jackson stumbled out of the bar and cursed. He lost his job, his stupid wife divorced him, his two bratty kids don't want anything to do with him (good, he didn't want anything to do with them either). His world had truly gone to shit. Would anything ever happen to him to turn his life around?

Having nothing better to do this late at night, Ted decided to just head home.

Suddenly, there was a rumble of thunder and a cube glowing with electricity dropped in his path. He looked at it for just a moment, then reached down for it.


"Fuck you, Mom," Teresa Wheaton spat. "You just don't understand!"

"You come back down here, young lady! And don't you talk to me like that!"

18-year old Teresa, typical Goth girl, entered her bedroom and slammed the door. Sometimes she wished she was never born, or at least had other parents.

She dropped on her bed and that's when it happened. Something crashed right through her bedroom window, sending glass flying. Fortunately, Teresa wasn't hit. Was it a baseball?

As Teresa looked at the cube-like object that had invaded her privacy, she heard her stupid mom banging on the door, demanding to open up and explain to her what all the noise was. Teresa then reached down for the cube.


And there were also four other universes that received one of the tainted cubes, but we'll get to those later, as there was a bit of a delay in arrival for those. Something to do with the fact that those universes were further away.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)