More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by [KingDucky] [KingDucky]

So, where do we start?

Mysteria

Mysteria refers to those who have inherited the “Key Gene” from their ancestors, the gene passed down from Mars allowing the Individual to access a basic version of the Keys to Reality, known to the populace as ‘Mysterian Glyphs’

The Mysterian Glyphs are as follows:

Creaturae (Creation): allows the User to manipulate matter on a cellular level, creating new formations based on the user’s knowledge of said formation. Creaturae Users are referred to as Forgers.

Exitium (Destruction): allows the User to deconstruct matter on a cellular level, destroying any material on command with varying levels of efficiency. Exitium Users are referred to as Destroyers.

Additio (Addition): allows the User to positively influence matter, pushing selective values from one’s self to another. Additio Users are referred to as Benefactors.

Subtracta (Subtraction): allows the User to negatively Influence matter, pulling selective values from another to one’s self. Subtracta Users are referred to as Leeches.

Repellere (Push): allows the User to manipulate the negative gravitation of others and themselves depending on weight and mass. Repellere Users are referred to as Stormers.

Attrahunt (Pull): allows the User to manipulate the positive gravitational of others and themselves, depending on weight and mass. Attrahunt Users are referred to as Slingers.

Corpus (Body): allows the User to Alter their internal and external physical attributes or traits. In very rare cases, they also may alter the physical traits of others. Corpus Users are referred to as Juggernauts.

Animo (Mind): allows the User to manipulate their internal and external cognitive functions. In very rare cases, they also may alter the cognitive traits of others. Animo Users are referred to as Philosophers.

Furthermore, Mysteria come with varying levels of Mysterian glyphs.

Solus: Who possess a single Glyph

Dividium: Who possess Four Glyphs

Omnis: Who possess all Eight Glyphs

Solus are often the most common of Mysteria, Dividum being incredibly rare and Omnis thought to be a myth…

The Glyphs are much like an ethereal unseen muscle within the Mysteria’s body, like a muscle one’s glyphs can be exercised and trained, but also can be exhausted in ways that a muscle cannot. Exhausting one’s Mysterian power can lead to sickness, susceptibility to diseases, mental and physical decay and even madness, however, the effect of exhaustion is different depending on the type of glyph that is used.

Glyph Fusion

One particular and peculiar power, available only to the Dividium is the ability to combine two glyphs together, creating a unique effect. Such power is unimaginably rare, drawn out by the oldest and most experienced Mysteria on Marte.

Glyph Fusion puts a colossal strain on the user, doing so for too long or too many times in a short period of time can result in aneurysms of the brain, cardiac arrest and life-threatening strokes. The unimaginable toll however may seem a small price to pay for such incredible potential.

The Fuel of Mysteria

Much like the Anchor-Stones that hide under Marteyan mountains, Mysterian Glyphs are amplified in the presence of the Rust storms that plague the planet. Although presiding in such a storm would tear the flesh from the bones of any who dared venture within it uncovered, Mysteria often wear Helmets fitted with mechanisms called Mirage, which filters the smaller Rust particles through said mechanism in order to boost their powers during a storm.

Rust is also known to revitalize Mysteria, making it a useful way to fend of Glyph-Exhaustion, although inhaling or undergoing a Rust Transfusion (Where the blood is enriched with rust via direct injection) can be dangerous as overuse of the Rusts often leads to Blood-poisoning.

Glyph Appearance & Manifestation

Those born with ‘The Key Gene’ will manifest their Glyphs at the Post-pubecent face of life. There are no recorded cases of Mysterian Glyphs manifesting before the individual has reached maturity, but once that point is finally reached the Glyph (or Glyphs) will be branded on the left arm, seemingly out of nowhere in the form of pitch-black tattoos that stem from a brand on the Left pectoral area above the heart.

A Mysteria will always have at least two Glyphs on their person at the time of Manifestation, the first always being above the heart denoting which type of Mysteria they are:

Solus: An single arrow, often interrupted as a Spear

Dividum: An incomplete Circle, often interrupted as a Sheild

Omnis: An Arrow laid on top of the Incomplete Circle, showing both spear and Sheild together.

This is where Solus diverge from the other Mysterian Types, due to the process ending there for them. However, the Dividum and Omnis are a little more complex. A Dividium will manifest the other three Glyphs at times of trauma or emotional stress, known as a Catalyst. Like much of Mysterian Powers, it is unknown how each Glyph received is determined, although it was at first theorized that the Users personality traits influence which Glyph is received, it is more commonly accepted that the Glyph gained is determined by the Catalyst itself.

On a final note, the actual pattern of the tattoos that erupt from the Glyphs like branches or roots on the skin’s surface seems to be unique to each Mysteria, no two patterns are the same save for the very very rare occasion where identical twins both suffer a Catalyst at the same time. It is Due to this and within the interest that most Mysteria have in keeping their powers a secret within the Scarlet Empire, that they wear a Manica over their left arms, not only to hide which Glyphs are used at any time but also to protect their tattoos… as having said arm severed is one of the only known ways to completely cut off a Mysteria from their powers

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)