More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Control Freak Control Freak

Who finds the box?

Kate and Lisa

"Are we almost done?" Kate whined, leaning against a wall as she wiped some sweat off her brow.

Her friend Lisa rolled her eyes, "Don't be so melodramatic, we've only been up here an hour and a half. But to answer your question, yes we're almost done."

The two 18 year old girls were currently going through the attic at Lisa's house, which when they started had been a cluttered mess. After much organizing and hauling, there was now a lot more room to maneuver, or in Kate's case slack off.

"Good," Kate said with a sigh, "This was not how I wanted to spend my afternoon. Why can't your mom just go through her own crap if she wants to sell it so bad?"

"Beats me," Lisa admitted, "But hey, thanks for helping out. If I was by myself, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to done."

"You better buy me a ticket next time we're at the theater," Kate said, stretching her legs out across the wooden floor, "Or at least some fro-yo."

"It's a deal," Lisa said with a laugh. She earned it too. Having been friends with Kate since they were in elementary school, Lisa knew the raven-haired slacker wouldn't have done something like this for anyone else. But Lisa had a way of getting her to go against her natural tendencies and actually work on something. Not that it stopped Kate from complaining though: Lisa wasn't a miracle worker.

"Actually, I think this is the last box," Lisa said, lifting the box labeled 'home movies' and carrying it over to the 'keep' section. Unlike her friend, the sandy blonde did her best to keep herself fit and active, partially for sports but mostly just because it made her feel good. Dressed in a simple tank top and jeans, her decent musculature was on full display, as was the cleavage from her sizable D-Cups that looked great on the athletic girl, even if she did find them a hassle to deal with.

Relieved, Kate laid down on her side, resting her head on her flannel covered arms. From her position on the floor however, something caught her eye.

"What about this one?" she said, getting on her knees and crawling over to the space between a stack of boxes and the wall.

Lisa whipped her head around, her ponytail brushing against her shoulder, "Hmm?"

Being more slender than her friend in build, Kate was able to reach to the back of the small alcove and grab the object in question. She dragged it out, then placed it on her lap, "This."

Lisa came over and crouched in front of her friend for a closer look. The box Kate was holding was about the size of a large jewelry box, and made out of polished wood. Despite being in the attic for who knows how long, there was hardly any dust on it.

"Huh, how did we miss this?" Lisa asked, "What do you think is inside?"

"Let's take a look," Kate answered, noticing that it didn't seem to be locked. She popped open the latch, then raised the lid to see...

"Stickers," Kate said, pulling out a sheet with little pink hearts on it, "Lots and lots of stickers."

"Weird..." Lisa said, taking the sheet from her and looking it over, "'Lust'? What kind of name is that?"

"There's something engraved inside the lid," Kate said, squinting her dark blue eyes, "I can barely read it in this light though."

"Let's go to my room," Lisa said, "I don't think there's anything else we need to do up here, and I'd like to change into some clean clothes."

"Sounds good to me," Kate said, closing the box again, "I've had enough of this creepy attic."


"So apparently, we're supposed to put these on our skin," Kate said. She was now sitting cross-legged on Lisa's pastel pink bed, the box in her lap.

"Our skin?" Lisa asked incredulously, pulling a t-shirt over her sizable chest, "What kind of stickers go on the skin?"

"I dunno," Kate said with a shrug, leafing through the sheets in the box, "Maybe they're like those temporary tattoos you can get at the mall? There's nothing saying they have to get wet though."

"Sounds reasonable," Lisa agreed, sitting down next to her friend. Looking into the box, she said,"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said there was a lot of them."

"Yeah, and a pretty wide variety too," Kate said, "Leaves, chains, flags, gender symbols..."

"Oh my God, does that one say what I think it does?" Lisa interrupted, reaching into the box and pulling out one of the sheets.

Kate looked over at the sheet her friend was holding, which had stickers that were literally just the word 'Slut' in fancy cursive, "Holy shit, that's hilarious!"

"We cannot show this to Mom," Lisa said, "She'd flip. Maybe we should throw them out?"

"No way!" Kate said, "This is actually kind of cool. You can't tell me you aren't the least bit curious about whether these things actually work."

"Maybe not this one specifically," the blonde girl said, setting the 'Slut' sheet down on the bed, "But you have a point. I've never seen designs like these before."

"Me neither," Kate said, pulling out a sheet with stickers that were the outline of a briefcase, "Hey, check this out! This one has some clear plastic in the middle. It looks like we're supposed to use a Sharpie or something to write on it."

"'Job', huh?" Lisa read from over her friend's shoulder, "You could use one of those."

"Hah hah," the girl said with a roll of her eyes, before turning her gaze back to the box, "Huh, weird. Says here 'for maximum fun, slap one of these on a friend or enemy. Without your help, they'll be stuck with whatever you give them!'"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Lisa asked.

"Dunno," Kate said once again. After a moment's though, she added with a grin, "But there's one way to find out. Let me stick one on you."

"What, are you crazy?" Lisa said, scooting away from her friend a bit, "What if those things are dirty? Or poisonous?"

"Who ever heard of a poisonous sticker?" Kate asked, "Look, I'll let you put one on me too. Come on, it'll be fun!"

Lisa hesitantly looked through the sheets already on the bed, then back into the box, "Well... okay. But just one for now. And please nothing too embarrassing like the slut one."

"Awesome!" Kate said with a fist pump, before taking out another handful of sheets and spreading them out on the bed, "Okay, look through these and choose one for me, and I'll do the same for you. Then we'll place them on each other wherever they look best. Sound good?"

Her friend nodded, then reached over and started going through the sheets. Kate grinned and took off her flannel over-shirt before going through her own pile. Now in her own t-shirt that left her arms exposed like Lisa, she looked for the perfect sticker to place on her friend.

Which stickers do they choose for each other?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)