More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SpiralFelix SpiralFelix

Where does Mackenzie work?

In the mall as one of "Santa's Helpers"

Mackenzie grumbled as she entered the mall that cold winter morning. She absolutely hated this job, but she had really really needed the money. Now she got to spend her days leading up to Christmas in the mall dealing with rambunctious kids and their demanding parents. If one kid wasn't having a meltdown then another one was undoubtedly running around ruining the decorations in "Santa's Village" which was little more than a fenced off area next to the food court.

The bells jingled obnoxiously on Mackenzie's dress as she strutted over to the Starbucks to grab a quick coffee before her shift started. Her uniform was patently ridiculous, keeping in tradition with the rest of her job. She had a (rather small, Mackenzie had thought) green dress with bells attached to the bottom for the main part of her uniform. It had red shoulder straps and came down to her mid-thighs, leaving a healthy amount of cleavage on display. Plus Mackenzie sported red and white striped thigh highs, giving her legs a candy cane aesthetic, ending in a pair of red heels. Throw in a green pointed cap and Mackenzie's ridiculous wardrobe was complete.

The redhead paid for her drink and headed over to get today's assignment from her manager, Walt. Walt was a nice enough guy, Mackenzie thought. He was in his mid 40s and didn't rub anyone the wrong way. But he did insist on the girls he hired wearing slightly more... revealing elf costumes than usual. But Mackenzie wasn't in a position to complain. And he was far and away better than Ricky, the guy Walt had hired to be Santa this year. Ricky, whenever he wasn't around the kids or parents, was one of the most vulgar and crass pigs Mackenzie had ever had the misfortune of crossing paths with. He regularly made passes at the girls he worked with, and had even been rumored to have gotten handsy with some of the previous girls.

Shaking that human garbage heap from her mind, Mackenzie entered the small white picket fenced area known as "Santa's Village" for the next few weeks. She noticed Walt talking to one of her fellow elves and headed his way while taking a sip of her latte. Mackenzie was hoping she'd get the easiest gig for today: advertising duty. She'd basically just have to stand in the mall while people walked by, promoting the opportunity to take pictures with Santa and drumming up customer interest. Otherwise she'd settle for photographer duty, where she'd be responsible for maintaining the line and taking the actual pictures. That could often go smoothly but could just as often go disastrously if children or parents were being difficult. But the job Mackenzie dreaded most was soothing duty. Then it would be her responsibility to help comfort and calm any children having meltdowns.

Shuddering at the thought, Mackenzie approached Walt and got ready to see what the day had in store for her.

What gig does Mackenzie have today?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)