More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ComteCheese ComteCheese

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

Book of Secrets

Premise:

There is a book that can alter the truths hiding in secret amongst people and reality -- the ones maybe unspoken of but everyone in a specific circle knows, maybe only cradled by a single person, but surely there.

Rules:

Regardless of who is writing in the book, the number of secrets allowed up to is:

  • 1 'Alpha' secret a day (any secret belonging to a person, group of people, or institution that a) doesn't exceed 20 people [for institutions/organizations, no more than 50,000], and/or b) doesn't exceed city-level)
  • 1 'Omega' secret a week (secrets that affect society as a whole, groups of people over 20 in number and settlements from as small as cities to entire countries)

A secret will qualify as one as long as it is unknown to other specific groups of people but known (or once known) among others, the ramifications of which will vary between Alpha and Omega scales.

When taking effect, the implications of the secret will often not be obvious or easily visible -- because of the nature of secrets, it will be attempted to be kept secret by the ones keeping it as naturally as possible or simply won't be addressed right away, though of course among those who know it they may talk of it freely, or with foreboding, etc; however, it will be as if it was there all along.

However, if the secret affects blatant aspects of reality, then there may be a more tangible reaction in the world; but the circumstances will usually be subtle or understated by design.

'Now, go forth and spill...'

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)