More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SpiralFelix SpiralFelix

So, where does she go, or does she run into trouble before she even gets there?

A hiking trip in the woods

Chapter originally written by Phantom Pen on writing . com

Mackenzie took a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air and cool breeze blowing through the trees. This was exactly what she'd needed. A break from the hustle and bustle of her busy life and a bit of immersion in nature. In that moment, the redhead felt like she was a million miles away from all her troubles. In all reality, the nature preserve wasn't terribly far from civilization, but conservation efforts and sheer size of the place had led to the area still feeling quite isolated and remote. It had taken Mackenzie the better part of a day to travel to the preserve, which was located on the edge of the East Nimblewood Forest in the next state over. For her five-day and four-night long stay, Mackenzie had packed just a few basic necessities: clothing, food, water, a tent, a sleeping bag, and some general hygiene items. Plus, if there was anything she truly found she needed, she could always make her way to the Preserve's Visitor Center, where she'd registered her stay. They had extra supplies and first-aid in case any campers found themselves in any sort of emergency situation. But Mackenzie was confident she wouldn't be needing them for anything. For now, savoring the disconnect from everything else was quite relaxing for Mackenzie, though she knew it would only be temporary.

Mackenzie had arrived at her campground the previous afternoon and, after taking the time to set everything up, had only had time for a brief walk through the woods before the sun began to set. She'd made a simple dinner over the campfire, listened to the nocturnal nature sounds, and turned in for an early night's sleep. The rest had done Mackenzie well, as she'd woken up this morning feeling quite refreshed and ready for a nice long hike through the woods. She was sporting a sensible outfit for the hot summer day. A thin blue t-shirt and knee-length khaki shorts helped make sure Mackenzie wouldn't overheat too much, sturdy socks and durable hiking boots ensured she'd be able to feasibly traverse any rough terrain she encountered, and finally the sports bra and boyshort panties underneath it all indicated that Mackenzie was up for as much physical activity as she wanted. A small backpack filled with other supplies completed the outfit, guaranteeing that Mackenzie was ready to handle anything that day! Well, just about anything...

It was just shortly after she stopped for lunch that day that Mackenzie chanced upon a clear stream that cut through the dense trees. She'd been exploring the trails all day, and the sun was out in full . So the fit redhead was already fairly slick with sweat as a result. Kneeling down at the edge of the stream, Mackenzie splashed some of the crystal clear water on her face, enjoying the cool feeling. It would have no doubt felt heavenly to take a quick dip in the stream. Mackenzie had brought a bathing suit with her on her trip, of course, but, she hadn't thought to bring it in her backpack that morning. Instead, it was back at her tent with the rest of her belongings, a long walk away.

It was then that a devious thought crossed Mackenzie's mind. She was all alone out here, it was a hot day, and that water looked undeniably refreshing. What would be the harm in a little bit of adventure? Biting her lip in a mix of nerves and excitement, Mackenzie imagined herself slipping into the stream... naked. She knew she really would have been better off just continuing back to her campsite. But... she found the thought wouldn't leave her mind. Her heart started beating faster as she imagined herself gliding through the refreshing water completely nude, fully one with nature. The Nature Preserve was quite vast, and she hadn't seen a single other person all day, so there likely wasn't anyone around for miles. So what was the harm in a little skinny dipping?

What does Mackenzie decide to do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)