More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by Cantalope Cantalope

What's next?

A call from Anna

Josh jumped as the phone buzzed in his hand, Anna's contact picture appearing on the screen. He laughed nervously and glanced around as he lifted the phone to his ear, feeling like he'd been caught, "Hey Anna, what's-"

"I need you to come pick me up, right now."

Her voice was charged and intense, Josh's smile slid off his face, "What happened? Are you o-"

"Just pick me up from work ASAP."

She hung up and Josh hurried to his car. As he was pulling out of the driveway, he was about to turn left to head to the coffeeshop Anna worked at when his hand stalled on the gear shift. Didn't Anna work at the Bar? He shook his head, clear memories of seeing her in both places over the last few days clashing. He knew she worked at the coffeeshop to supplement her college tuition... but he also knew she worked at a bar downtown to support her sisters. Wasn't Anna an only child?

Head spinning, Josh let his muscle memory take over as he drove to Anna's work.

Which apparently was a seedy bar downtown. He parked and got out of the car, gawking at the run down venue with a blinking 'Yellow Fever' sign. No way would the Anna he knew work at a place like this, especially as a waitress. Even discounting the obvious racism she'd probably be fired in the first hour when she slapped someone for feeling her up. Then again... she'd always been pretty soft-spoken from her upbringing, nothing like her cousins of course but then their mom was Japanese. His head spun again as he recalled Anna as both an outspoken Asian-American feminist and a demure Chinese-mix free girl.

What the hell was a 'free girl'?

The thought stirred vague memories from his high school history classes mixed with bawdy conversations with his friends. Asian girls each had their own 'trait' that made them desired in one way or another by cultures around the world. As such, numerous trades and raiding bands throughout history had spread them across the world to any culture that so desired them. The US was still tangled in rigorous court battles over the emancipation of willing Japanese girls.

Information flooded Josh's overwhelmed mind but one thought floated to the top of the deluge: the app.

"Josh!"

What does the "mix" mean?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)