More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Kazza Kazza

What happens next?

You purchase the 'magic' marker

Having won some points with your girlfriend you take your purchase to the counter, feeling a slight tingling sensation in your hand as you hold the marker.

You shrug off the feeling as poor circulation and the air conditioning.

"Hello there, young customers! I am Sirio, proprietor of Sirio's House of Curios. How may I be of service today." An older man with a long, twirling mustache and purple suit stepped up to the counter. He smelled of incense and had an air of mystery about him.

"Hi. Er, just this please." You place the marker on the desk somewhat awkwardly.

"Fantastic choice! I haven't seen this in years." The odd looking old man raised up the marker to the light, squinting closely to appraise it.

"What do you mean you haven't seen it in years? Didn't you place it on the shelves?" Stacey asks, confused.

"Oh, you know. It comes and it goes." Sirio said smiling to himself like there was a joke at play that only he was privy to. You had to admit he really did sell the whole mysterious shop owner thing really well.

"Okay, well how how much are you asking for it?" You inquire, eager to hurry this along.

"For an artifact of such immense and immeasurable power?" Sirio pauses as if trying to calculate the vast sum of money it would take to part with it. "...five dollars." Sirio winks and places the marker back onto the counter.

'Sure is low for a supposedly 'powerful' artifact.' You roll your eyes and hand over five dollars for a marker that would have otherwise cost you ninety-nine cents at any office supplies store.

"Pleasure doing business with you." Sirio places the money into his ancient looking till and hands you back your receipt.

"Thanks!" Stacey snatches the marker off of the counter and holds it in front of her in awe.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)