More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by saturdaynight saturdaynight

What's next?

Wishing Stone-Fantasy

Lauren looked at his companions as they hacked through the troll. Ilya threw fire from her hands preventing the troll from regenerating. Temerity's sword gleamed with divine light while Vorka threw her ax recklessly into the thick hide. Isabelle stood in the back casting holy retribution while Jasper fired his crossbow into the troll's weak points. It was a well oiled machine, though Lauren often felt he didn't belong. His bardic magics were not as dangerous as Ilya's or as beneficial as Isabelle's. Jasper often made fun of him as useless, though Jasper made fun of everyone.

The troll finally dropped and there were cheers all around. This dungeon had been particularly tough and everyone was looking a little worse for wear. The tiefling paladin Temerity looked the worst off. She did not look as strong as she was and her short form bound up in plate mail was a strange sight at first, but she was quite friendly when you got to know her. Vorka heaved with the effort, but did not look close to falling over. Her 6'5" height made her the tallest member of the party and her rippling muscles gave her stature much weight any time she decided to be threatening. That was often to townsfolk. She got along with the group well enough as long as the treasure kept flowing. Ilya stood in the back, but as an elven wizard she seemed to take injury much easier than the frontliners. She was very proud and haughty as was the way of elves so would pretend to be fine even when she wasn't. That caused Isabelle a fair bit of head ache. Isabelle basically kept the group together, always there with a helping hand and a friendly smile. She got along best with Temerity, given they both were woman of faith. Jasper was completely unharmed. He had stayed far back through the whole dungeon as he always did. Lauren, who was injured some though also stayed in the back, did not like Jasper. That was the thing with dealing with adventurers: you picked powerful people, not people who you liked.

"What's the loot?" Jasper yelled, not wanting to get closer in case of traps and mimics. Vorka and Temerity started opening chests while Ilya identified items of possible magical value and Isabelle looked out for any attackers coming from the halls that lead to this room. Lauren strummed on his lute to weave magical help to his allies. It was difficult to see, but it was one of his strongest magics. The problem was that you didn't know that you just succeeded on something you would have failed before.

At the end of the search, there were over 5000 gold pieces worth of coinage, gems, metals, and art. There were also five magical items: a shield that increases the senses, a magic sword of fire, an arcane orb for scrying, boots that let you run faster, and a stone that Ilya could not discern the use of. Vorka was first to get a new item per their agreement since she did not get one last time. She chose the boots. It was decided that Ilya should have the orb, Temerity would take the sword, Isabelle took the shield. Finally it came to who would have the stone. Lauren said he would take it.

"Like hells you will." Jasper said, trying to lay claim.

"You don't even know what it does." Lauren retorted.

"Neither do you, but both of us are in the pot so you don't just claim magic items like that."

"That's how we've always done. You do it that way all the time!"

Isabelle intervened, "I know how to settle this."

Who gets the stone?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)