More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by CorpseKing CorpseKing

Which item or items does she take?

Ring of Ananzi

The white haired black woman looked at the white ring she held between her fingers. After hidden some other items, she had chosen it as her main prize. Looking like webbing with spiders on it, she was looking at the one single figure on it that wasn't a spider.

'Ananzi was the Spider God of wisdom and trickery, but also known as the owner of all stories. As such, his ring would allow one to reshape the stories of the world... including history, the very story of reality. Turning the wearer into a god, who could get whatever they wanted.' Queen La, remembered the story of the ring, one of the many ones involving the objects of power she sought.

But she also remember the other part of the story, involving the other figure on the ring, 'The Fly. The Fly in the food which spoiled it. Once the ring is placed on the finger, the user must choose a fly. One being who the ring had no effect on. One not changed by the new story of the ringbearer, one unable to be changed by the ringbearer, one who couldn't be destroyed by the ringbearer without a new one being chosen.

All stories are based on a kind of conflict. Which is why the ringbearer or Spider, is made to face an immune person or Fly. A conflict between the two keep the story moving, even if things are rigged in the Spider's favour given their power to constantly change reality save for the Fly.

Which means if I put on this ring, I need a Fly. Who should it be?'

La concentrated for a few minutes, before choosing and placing the ring on her left ring finger. As it glowed her Fly was chosen....

Who will be La's Fly?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)