More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Machinistmage Machinistmage

But what are you waking up to?

Paranormal and Spooky

You wake up to things being relatively normal, and why wouldn't they be. Sure your town could get a little strange sometimes, but it was still pretty normal. You happens to live in a bit of a tourist trap-type town. It was an old town, with a population barely reaching 10,000. According to the owners of the local Frightful History Museum, it had been built around the time of the Salem Witch Trails, by actual witches fleeing the trials nonetheless. Of course, these were the same owners who charged 9.99 for the privilege of viewing supposedly haunted dolls and heirlooms of witches.

You didn't put much stock into those stories, but even so you'd admit that your town is more than a little creepy. Looking out the window of your comparatively normal house, a one story box built on a slab in the late 80s, you didn't have to look far to see the horror movie mansions dotting your street. Most had been abandoned for as long as you could recall, becoming gradually overgrown and more sinister looking, but also chopping the property value of your own place down to an affordable level.

Outside of your own street it seemed like every block of your town had some creepy building, but that could easily just be chalked up to the town slowly dying and the local museum desperately trying to bring in tourists. The abandoned hospital, the graveyard, the condemned schoolhouse, the old town hall, the deep woods surrounding town. You essentially lived in a horror movie cliche, save the actual horror....or so you thought.

Beginning your day as usual, you didn't suspect anything to happen to cast you in the role of the damsel in distress in your own personal horror movie. You didn't know that the stories of hauntings and spooky happenings might actually be true.

1) You receive a mysterious delivery, one which contains a cursed object such as a living doll or chest of possessed dresses

2) You get dared to stay in one of the many local haunted buildings in town and the malevolent spirits inside prefer you be a tad bit feminine

3) You decide to take a nice walk through the woods behind your house, possibly getting lost and running into a cult, or witches, or backwoods hillbillies.

What happens?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)