More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Jawolf Jawolf

What's the story Mackenzie is on her way to cover?

Hurricane Humiliation

"Knock em dead, Macky!" were the words her boss said to her before she left the studio, using that cute little nickname she got while working as an intern. The redhead rolled her eyes with a snort before hopping in the car, being taken to the shoreline. Her mission was a simple, if crazy one. At a small fishing town a big hurricane was heading in, winds that could lift a person like a toy and rain that came in buckets. It was dangerous, right up Mackenzie's alley. She fidgets with her tie and dress shirt during the ride, making sure every button was in place, that her slack's zipper was shut, and that her jacket was prim and proper. She was ready for this big scoop.

Soon the van halts on the boardwalk. The ocean waves were already tossing and turning, rocking the boats to and fro. With poncho over her shoulders and microphone in hand Mackenzie hops from the vehicle and walks the boardwalk. the winds were strong, blowing her hair and poncho about. She turns and sees her camera man Pete climber out with the camera. Pete was a nice guy, a jolly chubby fellow who always had a smile on his face and cheerful words to share. The man plants the tripod down and switches everything on. Finally he gives her the thumbs up that they were live. With a deep breath Mackenzie begins.

"We are on site where the hurricane is already starting to affect the area..." she starts, sounding a little awkward at first. However as time went on she slowly became more and more confident, covering more details as she went on. Of course her confidence wasn't the only thing getting stronger. The winds and rain kick up into overdrive with the sky growing darker. Her poncho kicks and her hair whips into her ace, causing her to sputter from the impact. 'come on, not now" she says, feeling a bit miffed and red faced at the embarrassing sputter.

Soon they were on break, giving her and Pete some time before the next segment to prepare the scene. The wind was getting so bad that her dress shirt was flapping against her chest, putting strain on the buttons.

The wind is getting bad, how shall Mackenzie weather?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)