More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by jmueller121 jmueller121

What's next for Nick?

You arrive home after high school

As you walk in the front door and set your backpack down by the stairs, you are surpised to find your mother Jane slumped on the couch, sobbing into her hands quietly.

"Mom? What's going on?" you ask as you sit down and attempt to console her.

"Oh, Nick. I didn't see you come in. I have something I need to tell you sweety," she says, steadying herself.

"What is it?"

Jane begins to lose control of her emotions slightly as she starts to speak, "Veronica left me today. I think its over. Movers are coming to pick up her personal belongings tomorrow."

You are completely blindsided by this turn of events. Although Veronica and your mom fought and argued from time to time like any normal couple, they had always seemed to be genuinely in love. Furthermore, even though you were always closer to your mother than to Veronica, you can't believe she would walk out on you and your mother without saying a word to you.

"She left a note for you in your room sweetie," your mother continues, "I haven't read it, but whatever it says I want you to know that I am here for you and we are going to get through this, OK?"

"OK Mom," you yourself to reply.

"Why don't you go up to your room and we can talk more about this later, ok?" she asks.

You comply, and carry your backpack up to your room. Finding a small white envelope on your bed, you brace yourself for the possibilities as you open it.

"Dear Nick, I'm sorry for the pain you must be experiencing right now, and I'm sorry I couldn't be there to explain myself in person. Please know that I still love you, and I will look forward to seeing you again in the future, maybe in a year or two. For the time being please have the respect to not come looking for me and please be good to your mother. With a heavy heart, Veronica"

Plopping your head down on the pillow, you struggle to make sense of the note. "Why doesn't she want me to come looking for her? Is there something she's not telling me? Or is it just an excuse to make a clean break?" you think to yourself.

Moving forward...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)