More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Aqualis64 Aqualis64

What are you?

Orc Outcast

Outcast” you think to yourself. You knew your story, thrown out of your tribe to an area full of heroes so you can either prove yourself or, more likely, die trying. You are about the size of your average man, have the build of a starving farmer, the strength of that same farmer’s youngest daughter and you were a sickly shade of bluish grey. Yet again you decide to take a look at your stats so that you could complain about something other than your appearance.

\============================================================/

Orc Outcast

Level 1 Orc

Health 10

(Your total amount of damage points you can take before )

Attack 3

(The measure of your damage, adds onto that of any equipped weapon unless by special properties of equipped weapon)

Strength 3

(Strength measures extra attack points with physical attacks, used in place of attack if no weapons equipped)

Toughness 3

(Toughness determines how much damage you can reduce from the total of any attack, used in place of armor if none is equipped)

Armour 0

(The amount of damage absorbed by your equipped items, has no value if no items are equipped)

Magic 0

(Your ability to cast spells or other magic related specials)

Magic Toughness 0

(Your ability to resist magic)

Affinities N/A

(The natural ability with weapons, items or magic. Gives bonuses to listed affinities)

Skills

(Your abilities that don’t require magic to cast)

Furious Punch – Channels the rage of your Orcish blood into a singular punch dealing double normal damage

Spells

(Your abilities that require magic to cast)

N/A

Inventory

(The items on your person, equitable items have are marked with an astrix, affinities are marked with two astrix)

N/A

/============================================================\

You groan at your meagre stats knowing full well that you might just be the weakest enemy in the whole world and this is probably why you are camped outside of what the heroes call a ‘Starting Point’ which, from your understanding, is where new heroes come to prove themselves in battle before going out into the world to make a mess of good honest monsters and Orcs who just want to be left alone. You are also annoyed by the fact that you can’t get rid of the explanations telling you what each stat is . . . It’s annoying to say the least. At least these days, few heroes come through the rolling hills outside this town but you remember a time when you would have a line of heroes waiting for you to respawn so they could kill you. You have no idea why the Heroes have stopped appearing here in such numbers nor why they seem like there is a need to kill you or your mates around you but you DO know that it’s been hell on earth and you just want it to change.

The sound of heroes talking draws you from your fuming as they walk down the dirt road that leads out of the ‘Starting Point’. They looked to both be Rangers and at a much higher than the usual Level 5 Heroes you were used they were even sticking to the road . . . strange. On a whim you decide to get close enough to eavesdrop on them.

“. . . So what about that club I was telling you ‘bout? You know, IRL? Was thinking on grabbing a couple mates and heading over there once we turn this quest in . . .” You don’t hear the rest of the conversation as they walk out of range but you wonder what the first Hero was talking about, was Iyarel some elven town? Or was it that the club was owned by elves? You scratch your groin as you think about this, brushing aside your only piece of clothing in the form of a loin cloth but you aren’t given long to think as more Heroes come to visit.

You twist around at the sound of two more heroes talking while facing you. The one on the left was clearly a Mage with her robes but she looked like she had only just started out. Her figure was best described as petite, with a height of 5’6, breasts that were barely big enough to show their presence through her plain white ropes and dainty limbs that seemed almost incapable of lifting the wooden stick she was using as a staff. The girl on the right was much more busty and curvaceous with a leather vest that only just managed to clasp in the middle and exposed most of her torso including some good cleavage. The class of this particular woman was much less determinable as she wasn’t holding any weapons.

“Come on! He’s right there! Four attacks and you have this guy dead on a platter! Just shoot him, you need the exp!” The girl on the right was clearly trying to initiate her pupil, you thought. “So she is like me, a weakling who needs to prove themself” you think to yourself as you watch the shivering Mage and her angry teacher. It clicks about here that the angry woman was trying to have the mage girl kill you for no reason other than to prove she could . . . this makes you angry and you eye up both heroes in front of you to see which one you should attack first.

The obvious choice would be to attack the Mage whom would be weak enough for you to kill but the other one might step in and help, the other woman looks like she would kill you with a light tap on the shoulder but attacking her would mean the Mage won’t strike at you. You could always just wait and see what happens, you have no obligation to rush to your but today has been pretty boring.

So, what do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)