More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Aqualis64 Aqualis64

So, what do you do?

Attack the angry one

You stare at the two heroes in from of you as the angry one keeps yelling at her trainee, you are barely paying attention to her in fact and are more interested in the Mage. Looking deep into her green eyes, you don’t see fear of you at all . . . just the fact that she doesn’t want to be here was trying to please her friend. Of course you are reading into it too much, she probably thought you looked repulsive and it has stunned her so much she can’t attack.

“Why can’t you just launch a gods-damned spell! I know you want to be a priestess and all, but right now your only healing spell affects you alone! You would be useless! You ARE useless! I don’t even know why this stupid piece of walking exp isn’t attacking, we are in the damn thing’s agro range”

stupid piece of walking exp?’ you think to yourself ‘they think of me as nothing more than a training dummy?’ with these thoughts flowing around your mind, you suddenly became very angry and, before you could stop and reconsider, you were charging at the angry woman bellowing out your own fury.

When you get in range you launch your fist with all the rage you could muster, activating Furious Punch and connecting for a nice solid 6 damage before the woman shoves you onto your backside with a “Get away from me creep!” that you only faintly catch as you fly backwards. You get up and check your health bar;

Health 1

Well it looks like you were almost right in your predictions of the woman’s abilities . . . she almost did kill you with a light tap on the shoulder.

“Look, he is down to one HP! One single bolt and he is done for! JUST SHOOT THE BASTARD!!!” the woman was so angry it looked as though she might kill her companion who was now glancing between the two of you.

“Do it” you say as you pick yourself up off the ground. One health point isn’t going to win a battle . . . neither is ten but still. “Kill me and prove yourself!” you grunt as the two girls before you stare in shock at you having spoken

“Umm, are they supposed to talk?” the Mage asks, turning to her friend

“Never mind that! Now IT is begging for you to kill it! Just fire a damn bolt already!” from shock straight back to anger, it seems the angry woman really wanted you dead.

“Do it Mage girl! I don’t have all day!” you smash your fist against your chest to place emphasis the point and turn them away from the fact that you do have all day . . . and all week . . . and all year, hell you could sit there and stare them to cause you aren’t going anywhere in the near or distant future. Finally the mage girl decides to put her power to use and launches a bolt of blue magic at you causing you to grin, you half expected her to wimp out.

“Well done” you say in the time it takes for the bolt to hit you square in the chest.

Respawning sometime later you find a very similar scene before you as your Mage friend is being shouted at to kill another of your brethren near to where you were before. It was about here you noticed that they were still here and hadn’t killed anyone else yet . . . did you respawn fast? Or did they spend that entire time standing there deciding on if the Mage girl should kill again or not?

“Ya rezed fastah tha’ usual” says the guttural voice of one of the other outcasts. ‘Well that answers that question’ you think as you looked on back at the scene playing out before, an idea forming in your head.

“Tell all the others to attack that woman with all their fury, the one who kills her will have proven themselves to the whole world and can then take the girl for themself as a prize” you say back to the Orc who was just talking to you.

“But boss . . . wouldn’t it be eazier ta kill tha runtling first?” ‘Weak and dumb, how was I spared from this fate?’ you think as the Orc’s answer reaches you

“It would but there is also no glory in it, kill the best one of the two and earn glory” The other Orc scratched his crotch as he tried to process this information . . . clearly his deformed head was too small to allow for much processing power and the Orc just shrugged it off to go and relay the message.

Soon others of your outcasts had begun to attack the angry woman who was now loudly complaining and had a dagger out that she was using to one hit Orcs but for every one Orc she killed, another got up behind her and struck a furious blow. The Mage had also begun to shoot bolts of magic frantically even though she was barely doing anything. You caught one of the snippets of complaint from the angry woman as she cut down another of your Orcs.

“Why are they attacking ME!! ME! I’m a damn bard! I have no agro!” You weren’t paying too much attention right at that moment as you saw her health bar, an act which you should have done earlier, read;

Health 220/500

Wow, your fellows have done some damage to the Bard. She must be high level to have five hundred Health, that or heroes have a lot more health than you realize since you only see some of their beginners here. Looking at the steady supply of meat being thrown into the grinder, you decide to hold off on attacking for a few more moments since you want to be sure to get the last hit and thus the glory . . . you also have a desire to take that Mage girl, you had heard of heroes that could mate with monsters and produce offspring. You grin at the thought of bending her over and ramming your meat into her but you shake your head to clear the thoughts, you would decide AFTER you had her as a prize . . . even then you might just let her go, you were somewhat fond of that girl for some strange reason.

You look at the Bard’s health again;

Health 63

Hmmmm if you attack now, you might hit too late and someone else might take your kill but if you wait for a moment, you might lose your kill before you can get there. You do have a bit of a run up to get to the target. Also it seems that the Mage girl has acquired her healing spell and was using it as much as possible, this might also complicate things so do you decide she is more trouble than she is worth and attack her?

What's the plan now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)