More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by supman supman

Who is it? Max's friend Cindy? THe man from before? Someone new?

It's Cindy.

-cowritten with sammycolt-

“Ain't that the truth,” Cindy said, plopping down beside her friend. “Idiot's all around us.”

“I was wondering where you had gone off too…”

Cindy looked over towards the bar, “Had to see if the new kid would make it all the way across the bar, and there might had been a pretty little blonde. You drinking away your paycheck?” Cindy asked, noticing the empty glasses on the table.

Cindy wasn't wrong. It was her sixth beer and she had been chasing each one with a shot of Crash's cheapest whiskey.

“Guy trouble?” Cindy asked. They both knew who she was referring too: Logan Cale.

Max looked at her friend then back down at her beer. As much as she hated to admit it Cindy was right. Her dreary mood was because of Logan. Everything had been going so great, so fast, ever since he the feeling began returning to his legs. The more he got out of his wheelchair the more their relationship had progressed. Late nights, romantic dinners... She had been expecting... She didn't know what she was expecting. Things were building up but that had all changed last week. He was avoiding her now, where once he had time he no longer had any. Her calls would go to his voice mail and he wasn't home half the times she stopped by. He was pushing her away.

Maybe she had been right when they had first met. That he would only be using her for his own gains. She was Eyes Only's legs after all and now that he got his back maybe he didn’t need her anymore. Maybe he did only see her as a tool, a genetically enhanced killing machine.

“Nothing I can't handle,” Max shook the thoughts away. She wasn't going to fall apart just because he gave her the cold shoulder. She didn't need him! Screw him!

“You sure, boo?”

Max nodded and smiled, “It's all good.” She could tell Cindy's attention was elsewhere. Her eyes kept drifting back to a pretty little blonde at the end of the bar. “Go, you don't need to babysit me.”

Permission granted, Cindy smiled and left the table leaving Max alone with her thoughts once again.

“Hey, Max.”

Max was about to spur the advances of another man but she recognized this one.

Who is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)