More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by akikuka akikuka

They say 7 is a lucky number, guess that also meant the days after the apocalypse.

Head back home

Of course, since you have body armour now, you wear it for extra protecrtion, it fits you nicely, some shoulder pads and knee pads, and oooh, a nifty belt to carry items. This is definitely a great finding. There are still a few items in the box, rations and other stuff that may be useful. So you gotta carry them back to your base. Which is a few miles...

After an hour of carrying this(avoiding zombies all the while), you had finally reached your current home.

It definitely ain't spotless, but with a little bit patch of wood, it's a sturdy place. Zombies aren't swarming this place since it's a bit far from the city, but close enough for you to just take a trip now and then.

"*Huff*, that's a bit tiring, but worth it." You said to yourself as you place it inside one of the rooms. You sort out what was inside. a multi tool kit, ropes, a flashlight, and even some medicines like antibiotics. But the most important thing you found is food! In a can!

Those rations could last you another week, and it's preserved so there is no need to worry about it being rotten, You definitely hit a jackpot.

Any other items that seems not useful for now you are gonna place in the basement. The box though are put beside wall.

Looking at the room, it looks nice, maybe it's just you but this place is pretty comfy, it has the bed you had just made from wrap cloth and wool, maybe add furniture and you would have a nice place to stay for the month, at least until you can manage to find a better one. Speaking off, you should find some nails to create a barricade for the windows. Zombies may not come here a lot, but they still do, and it's a bit annoying to be surprise from

You grab the marker in your pocket,

Thinking of what had happened back then, those thugs just let you get the box. You wrote your name on the wall, looking at the name to see if there is something mystical in it. Nothing, it looks like a normal ink shape in a letter of your name.

Did this permanent marker actually let you own the box even in this lawless world? Or are those two just a bunch of idiots?

Looking at marker, you aren't sure, a logical part of you think it's absurd and this marker or you for that matter don't have the power to gain total ownership and it's just the thug's not being very bright.

Another part though, the hopeful and illogical one, think that if it's true, you might just have the greatest leg up in this post-apocalyptic world. Well at the least you could prevent a bunch of idiots from raiding this place.

As you go on your thoughts, you heard footsteps on grass, someone or something is coming in. You go back and place the cart at the back. And go hide a bit. Preparing your gun, you're not a master gunslinger, but you did practice it at the shooting range and own one at home.

Hiding behind a wall, you try to wait for the figure. Who is it you wonder? Is it a zombie? Did they manage to reach here? or is it a person?

The figure enters and you see-

Who or what is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)