More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 506 by Fiftyfiftyfifty Fiftyfiftyfifty

What do you do?

Greet the pair.

You raise your hand in greeting. "Hello. What are you two doing out here?" you ask. "I think we've met before."

The harpy continues to stare. "We have," she speaks quietly. Her voice is low and somber.

"We've been waiting for you." Her companion, the presumed dragon, pulls up from her cloak and points her flute out towards the sea. Her voice is much higher than the other. "It should be a simple quest if you're as powerful as you seem. William said you're hunting down Demon King Sa'dis one general at a time, so if you can't beat up a crustacean, then you must be a fraud."

Her flute is beautiful. It looks like it's made from a polished, blue marble, with intricate white flourishes you can't make out from here. Though she isn't decorated with tons of jewellery like Lady Vraelion, she still carries a regal presence. You wonder if it comes natural to dragons. At least she isn't acting harsh, nor threatening. She still has a smile on her face and almost seems excited, like she's been impatiently waiting for your party to appear.

"With the elimination of the Demon King's forces, I don't see why we have anything to prove," Snow says--arms crossed. "But if you can uphold your end of the bargain, we'll slay this creature for you."

"I promise. You have William's word." She looks to you. "He said that might be enough, and if it isn't, you're to be told you have full permission to attack if we are proven liars."

Niki draws her mace. The new, polished metal shines like a star under the rays of the sun. She smacks it up against the shield adorned in red crystals. "The fight is enough reward for me anyway. It's been too long. I haven't felt a challenge since Falcon, and that was not a fair fight."

"And I will do my best to support you as always." Amara takes a gentle hold of the traps of Niki's pack, and slides it down onto the ground. "Allow me to keep Jelly safe as well."

Eva swings her wand out proudly. "Kyle and I didn't go through everything just to lose to some crustacean!"

Alice rubs her arm nervously. "I am still unsure exactly how my own self functions, but I know that I will be there to keep you safe, Kyle." The glow of her eyes looks up to you. "So do not worry."

"I guess it's decided on." Snow reaches back and grabs her bow, and then picks an arrow from her quiver. "Where do we find this Crab King?"

The dragon chuckles. "I love how determined you all are. Wait one moment. It feels unfair that we know all of your names, but you've hardly met us. William already told us anything he knows about your party. It only seems right to share a bit of his. Go on, Jika. Introduce yourself."

"You just did," the harpy mutters and turns her head away.

"Oh come on. Do it properly."

She sighs and turns back, and then lowers her head into a bow. "My name is Jika. If you lay a finger on my friend, you will suffer."

"And I'm her friend, Trin. You can probably tell that she's a harpy, but I bet you never guessed that I'm a dragon!"

You eye over her tail and horns. "Actually--"

"That's right. I'm a silver dragon," she continues. "And a soon-to-be master conjurer. I've been told that it's the cute rabbit over there that has the mage class among your party. Is that right? I wonder what she'll specialize in."

"I'm... not really sure," Eva mutters.

"Oh. Well, you'll never become a master anything with that much uncertainty in your heart."

"Don't you start telling me what to do!"

"May we fight the crab now?" Snow asks. "Every moment we waste is another moment the Demon King may be growing stronger."

Trin rolls her eyes. "All right. That's fair. Your target should be here shortly. I'd face the sea, and ready yourselves. They don't call him the Crab King for nothing." After pointing with her flute again, she brings it up to her lips, and resumes playing. This time, the song has a quick tempo. It's an enchanting melody. You watch as she bobs her body up and down with the rhythm, seemingly having a great time as she plays.

You turn your eyes to the coast like she suggested. There's nothing yet, but you draw your sword and grip the handle tight.

The music stops. Though before you can turn and respond, you notice the waves in the distance grow larger. The current becomes rapid. There's certainly something happening out there, but you're not sure what.

Amara grips her staff in both hands. "I can see more than one creature in the water."

"Here they come!" Trin shouts. "Get ready~!"

"They?" Eva glances around.

"I guess every king has an army," you say. "Prepare yourself, everyone! Don't get dragged into the water. Keep back and it onto land. Amara, you keep us looking healthy, and make sure to protect the back line. Eva and Snow, stay back with her, and fire at them with everything you have. Niki and I will stay up front and melee. Alice, you stick around the middle and help in any way you can. Hit one with a powerful shot if you see someone struggling."

"A king does indeed," Jika says beneath her breath. Her eyes watch you and your party from behind.

Trin sits back down and taps her flute against her palm. "You look more interested than I thought you'd be."

"I suppose."

The ocean waters rustle and the threat approaches.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)