More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Bill42 Bill42

What are you?

Goblin

It's just another day wandering around the forest. You stand a mere 3'0” tall, barely taller than some of the foliage in the area. Your crude spear fashioned from some wood, rope and a pointed rock barely does any damage to even the newbies that set off on in search of their first quests here. The only real benefit is your light green skin. Occasionally it will blend in with the plant-life well enough that less attentive characters fail to notice you and allow you to live long enough for the next “hero” to stab you or burn you with a fireball. It really is a sad existence for a goblin.

You take a moment to rest against a tree trunk and pull up your stat block...There must be a way for you to get stronger. You dream about one day becoming a Goblin King. Leading a band of goblins throughout the land pillaging the towns of the heroes that so routinely use you as target practice.

Goblin Runt (Scout)
Level: 1
Hp: 9
Melee Attack: 5
Ranged Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Magic Defense: 0
Agility: 5
Weaknesses: None
Special Abilities:

Dodge(Passive): Grants a percentage of dodging an attack equal to your agility.

“Ah yes. The mighty Goblin Runt Scout....fear my 5% chance to dodge.” You grumble to yourself. You try to remember if you've ever been able to dodge an attack from a hero. Not that it mattered much, even if you dodged once it was unlikely to happen again and with your pitiful hit points it rarely took more than one hit to kill you, sending you to the dark abyss from which you would re-spawn back into this world. You tighten your fist around your spear cursing the heroes and the Gods of this world for forcing you into this nightmarish hell. You will break free from this cycle...maybe even rise up to Godhood yourself. Just the idea forces the lips of your mouth into a slight smile.

You're taken out of your fantasy by a rustling in the bushes. You stand up slowly and raise your spear. If you attack first you may be able to get your first kill.

What (or who) emerges from the bushes?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)