More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Unholysocks Unholysocks

What (or who) emerges from the bushes?

A travelling merchant.

You peer out of the dense foliage of the bush you are crouching within and peer at a worn dirt road winding through the trees. Along this path travels a fairly fancy looking cart pulled by a lone horse, its wooden walls scraping against low branches. You hear grumbling coming from the driver of the cart, slouching at the front, reins in hand.

"Damn stupid fetch quests. Spend damned hours taking supplies from point A to point B, suffering AGES of boredom, just for some crappy reward. There should be more FIGHTING and less BOREDOM!"

The man looked thin, but wiry, with dark clothes and a black cloak. He looked like a rogue class, sneaky jerks that they were. At least you had the drop on him this time, rather than suddenly dying with a dagger in the back from a cowardly sneak attack.

You (briefly) consider jumping out to threaten the rogue, but something stops you. Just a day ago you probably would have, without considering the consequences. But you're thinking how unfair it was that you were powerless to stop yourself from dying over and over. There had to be a better way...

For the first time you can remember, you began to actually think, rather than following your base programming.

Perhaps, if you were able to sneak onto the wagon you could steal something of value, or even get for all the stealthy deaths you've received by backstabbing the backstabber.

But how to get onto the cart?

How WILL you get onto the cart?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)