More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What rule does he change first? What happens?

Girls kill time by making out

Before Josh could edit something in the seemingly endless collection of so called ‘Rules’, his phone buzzed, alerting him to the new text messaged he’d just received. It was from Sarah, his girlfriend.

Your sister just arrived.

Another one dinged soon after.

Turns out she caught an early bus.

Looking up from his phone, Josh sighed as he realized his professor was still rambling about Carl Marx and his impact on the field of Philosophy. He’d hoped the first year Philosophy course would have made for an easy elective, but it was filled with lengthy writing assignments and a boring professor who couldn’t get enough of long dead philosophers. But the class proved to be the most boring one he’d ever taken. Come third year, he wouldn’t make that same mistake again.

Cool. Tell her I’ll be back as soon as class finishes.

He sent the message and reopened the mysterious “Rules of the World” app, hoping it would stave his boredom long enough for class to end quickly.

His sister, Rosalyn West, was a highschool senior - two years younger than himself. She still lived at home with their parents but had decided to visit Josh’s out of state college because there was a talk she was interested in; some discussion on modern feminism held by a local activist. He owned an available air mattress and had a spare room in their apartment, so it made for easy arrangements. Originally, she was supposed to arrive much later, long after his class had ended, but the early bus had changed that.

He chuckled to himself, watching idly as a rather raunchy ‘Rule’ about human sexuality scrolled by. His relationship with Sarah was fairly recent. Despite having already met, his girlfriend wasn’t all that close with his sister, at least not to the degree he was. He wondered if they’d get along without him. Rosa could get difficult when someone didn’t agree with her feministic views.

His thought were broken when, instead of the scrolling, the app paused and reopened the text editor he’d previously encountered.

“Right.” He mumbled to himself. He was able to edit the so called ‘Rules’. Also add new ones, he concluded after hitting the enter key a couple of times.

He thought back to his sister and girlfriend, wishing there existed a convenient way for them to pass the time in each other’s company without getting on one another’s nerves. As much as he respected Rosalyn’s opinions, one of the things he loved about Sarah was that she didn’t exactly share them. God forbid the two start disliking each other because of it.

And heck, if he was fantasizing about the two women in his life getting along, might as well make it a little perverted. After all, given the scope of the app, sexuality definitely wasn’t something to be shied away from.

  • It’s common for girls to pass the time by making out.

He typed quickly, spelling out his new rule before dismissing the phone to his pocket, wanting to make at least some small effort to catch the final five minutes of the class. Instead, he spent it too busy imagining what it would be like if his sister and girlfriend actually did decide to pass the time before his arrival in the way he’d described.


“So he says he’ll make a beeline for here once his class’s done.” Josh’s girlfriend stated, showing her the text her brother had sent. “Won’t be long now.”

Rosalyn West nodded silently, not knowing how to engage the conversation further.

She’d met Sarah before, back when Josh introduced her to the rest of the family at Christmas. However, because of an unfortunate mix of the festivities, the amount of people involved, and the short amount of time Sarah had been able to come to visit, Rosalyn hadn’t really had the chance to get to know her brother’s new squeeze.

At an initial glance, she was certainly Josh’s type - what with her long red hair and large bust. But, her brother had also mentioned that Sarah majored in neuroscience, so she obviously wasn’t as airheaded as the previous women Josh had courted. Still, Rosalyn knew that she could sometimes come off as strongly opinionated, especially regarding certain controversial topics, and she wanted to make sure she and Sarah got along well. For Josh's sake. After all, it must be pretty serious between her and her brother if Josh had made the effort to introduce her to everyone back home.

Sarah had already shown her the spare room she’d be staying in. Now, it was just a matter of waiting for Josh to come home so she could ask him about the layout of his campus. She’d known the early bus would complicate things, but while she knew Sarah would be home, she’d assumed that the girl would either keep herself busy or scarce.

When Sarah had instead plopped down on the couch next to her, Rosalyn realized neither of those more preferred options would turn out to be true.

“His class finishes at four thirty, so it’ll be around five when he arrives.”

Considering the clock had just shown four fifteen, five o’clock seemed a long ways away.

“It’s fine, I don’t mind waiting” she said, intentionally replying in a way that prevented Sarah from continuing the conversation. Hopefully, her reply masked how bad she was at making small talk. Sure, there was a billion questions she could ask Sarah, but she didn’t want to risk upsetting her by asking the wrong one.

Silence grew between the two women as neither of them spoke. Two minutes masquerading as an eternity passed by when Rosalyn decided it might be better to simply wait in her room before Sarah spoke once more, breaking the tension.

“Do you want to just make out?” she blurted out, blushing a little. “At least until Josh gets back.”

“Yes!” Rosalyn replied, a little too eagerly for her liking. “We could definitely do that to kill time.”

Sarah, now having gone silent, soon stood up and took the two quick steps to stand before Rosalyn. Climbing back onto the couch, she straddled her boyfriend’s sister and tucked a loose strand of the girl’s brown hair behind her ear. Rosalyn, looking up into Sarah’s green emerald eyes, bit her lip at the gesture and had little to no time to prepare as the other girl gently grabbed her cheeks and pulled her into a warm kiss, settling the rest of her weight onto her.

Rosalyn collapsed deeper into the couch, pulling Sarah closer as she grabbed her hips. It turned out Sarah was a phenomenal kisser, gently pecking Rosalyn’s lips before biting the bottom one. Rosalyn giggled and returned the passion by introducing tongue to their kiss, and the pair began making out in earnest, waiting for Josh’s eventual arrival.

What happens next? Does Josh head straight home or does he make a change between now and then?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)