More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Evelyn O'Connell (The Mummy)

“ Look, I-I may not be an explorer or-or an adventurer or-or a treasure seeker or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I...am a librarian. ”

–Evelyn Carnahan drunkenly explaining herself to Rick O'Connell., The Mummy.

Evelyn O'Connell (née Carnahan) was born in London, England to Howard Carnahan. At a young age, Evelyn acquired an interest in Egypt and its history, namely its artifacts. Commencing her career as a librarian, Evelyn ventured on an expedition to the ancient City of the Dead, Hamunaptra, where, along with others, she encountered an ancient cursed mummy known as Imhotep, which she helped to defeat. This act brought various adventures in the years to come as Evelyn, along with her husband Rick O'Connell, their son Alex O'Connell, and, from time to time, Evelyn's brother Jonathan Carnahan, encountered many ancient powers and forces, some evil, others benign, and having several run-ins with Imhotep himself. In the years after, Evelyn documented her travels in the form of adventure novels.

Personality and Traits :

Evelyn was an English woman living in Cairo, hoping to reach the greatness that her father before her had in Egyptology, in 1926. Skittish at times, and confident in some situations, Evelyn was relentless in her goals. A young, attractive woman with brown hair and hazel eyes, Evelyn was said to have inherited her looks from her mother, but regardless of her looks, which turned heads often, she did not see herself as particularly unattractive or attractive, often wearing mannish outfits such as jodhpurs and oversized cardigans; ten years afterward, this habit was changed, as she began to wear clothes made from fabrics from Egypt. Evelyn, having inherited her father's love of Egyptology, knew how to read and write ancient texts well, and understand ancient tongues. From time to time in her youth, Evelyn wore rimmed spectacles to read books, though she did not need them.

In her married years, Evelyn retained her passion for knowledge but had also become more mature and less frightened.

Logical and resourceful, Evelyn believed strongly that if she could touch something and see it, then it was real, which led to her brother Jonathan remarking that she was an atheist, though whether it was true she never said, although Evelyn used phrases such as "my God in Heaven" from time to time. A Feminist in her younger days, Evelyn said that she had no time for romances, despite her feelings to the contrary, and when finally wedded to Rick O'Connell, Evelyn was inseparable from him. Insistent on achieving her goals, Evelyn spared little chance to study artifacts in the field.

Behind the Scenes :

Evelyn O'Connell was portrayed by actress Rachel Weisz in the first two films. Weisz declined to return for Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, citing that she had some conflicts with the script, specifically how Evy was being written.

Maria Bello was cast to take over the role of Weisz for the third film. Before Bello accepted the role, the writers had planned to have Evelyn's character be killed off due to a bombing in London during the Second World War as Weisz would not reprise her role, but with Bello accepting the role of Evelyn, the idea was discarded.

Grey Delisle voiced the character in the animated series.

Trivia :

During Tomb of the Dragon Emporer, Evy is asked if the character of Scarlett O'Keefe is based on her, to which she replies "Honestly I can say she's a completely different person." A direct reference to Rachel Weisz being recast.

Where is Evy when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)