More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LordScissorsXIII LordScissorsXIII

Who's our lucky master?

Bruce Masters, Amateur Gamer

The camera opens up to a view of a massive golden pillar stretching high into the sky. The camera starts to travel up the length of the pillar rising higher and higher breaking through the clouds until the underside of a massive disc at the top comes into focus. As the camera closes in on the disc branching paths coming off the sides of the disc leading to other discs suspended in the air becomes visible. The camera rises past the edge of the disc and flies high above the disc showing a view of a massive building in the middle with the words Harem Hotel written on the front. On the sides of the hotel are gardens of flowers with pathways leading through them and to a massive pool behind the hotel. A stage sits in front of the hotel that the camera begins to zoom in on showing a couch with an eerily familiar looking girl lounging on it engrossed in her Switch. A few minutes go by of the girl ignoring the camera while engrossed in her game before she rolls over and those familiar with a certain series of games realize where they had seen her before.

The girl finally noticing that she is being watched stares into the camera with a wide-eyed deer in the headlights look for a few moments before jumping up into a standing position on the couch and immediately losing her balance and falling backwards over the couch with her legs left sticking comically up in the air from behind it. Righting herself she promptly shoves the switch she was holding down into her cleavage as the couch fades from existence. Sitting down on a throne that appears behind her she crosses her legs and looks directly into the camera. “Welcome to the newest iteration of our show loyal viewers. All you game lovers out there are going to love this one as this is the first season of Harem Hotel: Gamer Edition.” she says in a voice sounding very similar to the one matching her appearance. “Before you go jumping to conclusions though I would like to make it clear hear and now I am not Junko Enoshima. My name is Sally and I am your host this season. I have merely borrowed this look for the duration of the show.” As she says this she rises from the throne and does a little twirl for the camera. Striking a peace sign she says “ I'm sure those of you in the know will agree that this look is quite appropriate for this job. But enough about me. Let's get to the guy you really care about. Time to meet this season's master.”

“No no no no No No No NO NO NO NO” was yelled progressively louder as Bruce saw the blue shell fly by him and zoom towards the screaming player in first. Seeing the shell explode on Bowser as he passed by he actually felt a little bad. Sure he was happy to win, but to win by someone in last throwing a blue shell on the last lap while he's in second makes you pity the player in first. Not enough to stop him though as his Link crosses the finish line cementing his victory. Gwen declares his victory as Jenny literally collapses out of her chair laying limp on the floor as he hears her whine “but I was so close this time.” Looking at her lying on the floor he feels a wave of pity for her. Jenny and him have been entering various tournaments at this shop for years now but for some reason she always loses to him in every one. It's not like he's won every tournament he entered but regardless of how he places she always seems to be right behind him.

Gwen approaches him and smiles. “Congrats on winning another tournament. You're on a real winning streak and the owner says he's got your prize for you in the back.”

Bruce thought that was odd since the owner normally likes to make a big show of giving the prize to the winner. “Why the change?” he asked. “Normally Mr. Cook likes giving the prizes out in front of everyone.”

Gwen shrugged and responded “No idea. Something about it being a special prize this time.”

Now that caught Bruce's attention. The prizes were almost always store credit so the idea of a special prize was appealing. Following Gwen she lead him to the door leading to the backroom and opened it. As she stepped aside to let Bruce through he noticed that the other side of the door was weirdly dark. He couldn't make out the other room at all.

Shrugging he stepped through the door and was almost immediately blinded as it became much brighter. As his vision cleared he was freaked out to notice he was no longer inside. Instead he was on some kind of stage where he saw a girl lounging on a throne playing a Switch.

Time for the meet and greet

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)