More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by Decadent Empire Decadent Empire

What would you like to be called?

Boss

All this talk of ownership and property is making you just a tad uncomfortable. "Just 'Boss' or 'sir' is fine. Oh, and don't tell them what's going to happen when they come in here. Wouldn't want people to get scared off."

"Sure thing Boss. I'll start sending everyone through." He unlocks the door and walks out and starts addressing the crowd. You can't believe that this actually worked. An hour from now you're going to have an entire group of people under your command. Speaking of, the door opens and your next one walks in. The next hour passes in a blur as people introduce themselves and you claim ownership of them and explain the rules. When it's finally over, you breathe a sigh of relief.

However, this is only the beginning. With the power of the pen in your pocket and a group of people who will do anything you tell them to, the possibilities are endless. For one, you can stop worrying so much about pure survival and start thinking bigger. Much, much bigger. First things first, you decide to start handing out some weapons. Since most of the tennants had been holed up hiding the last two weeks, you are the only one with any guns. With that in mind, you give each of the men a gun and some ammo. Then you set up a rotating shift of guards to keep the building safe from both the living and the dead. You have some of the women start counting up all the supplies you have in the building. Unsurprisingly, there isn't enough to keep the whole building going for more than a couple days.

Since you are the man in charge, it falls to you to figure out how to get out of this crisis. You know that human beings can survive for a lot longer without food than they can without water, so you decide to focus on that for now. Your choice is to either send a group out to scavenge for bottled water or to try to get fuel for the buildings generator.

How do you get water?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)