More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Asami Sato(The Legend of Korra)

"It's all right. People usually assume that I'm daddy's helpless little girl, but I can handle myself."

— Asami accepting Korra's apology.

Asami Sato is the only child of the former wealthy industrialist, Hiroshi Sato and his wife, Yasuko. Although a nonbender, when she discovered that her father was working with the Equalists, she rejected his hatred of benders and actively fought against the Equalists as a member of Team Avatar. After her father's imprisonment, she became the new Chief Executive Officer of Future Industries, planning to bring the company back to the peak of economic dominance and restore its reputation. Two weeks after Harmonic Convergence, she joined her friends in the search for the new airbenders. However, their search stopped when the Red Lotus attempted to kidnap Avatar Korra in Zaofu and they worked to bring the organization down instead. Three years later, in 174 AG, Asami assisted in defeating Kuvira and began a romantic relationship with her best friend, Korra.

History

Early life :

When Asami was six, her mother was killed during a break-in and robbery of their mansion by the Agni Kai Triad. Following her mother's , Hiroshi had Asami trained by the best self-defense teachers in the city to ensure she would always be able to protect herself. Although unknown to her, the occurrence also resulted in her father developing a grudge against all benders that would culminate in him joining the Equalists and becoming their weapons' manufacturer.

At the age of fourteen, Asami witnessed an important business deal between her father and Wonyong Keum. However, during the deal, Wonyong left, creating a resentment for him that would last Asami later into her life.

Personality :

Asami is a sweet and caring young woman, yet she is also independent and capable of fending for herself in tough situations. Even though she is quite used to luxury due to her wealthy background, she does not think of herself as "daddy's little girl", despite what some may think, and maintains a humble and modest demeanor, using her wealth and abilities to help others. Asami has also developed a tough side and is unafraid to stand up for what she believes in.

Asami's high morality and judgment prevented her from developing any prejudice against benders in general, despite the of her mother at the hands of a bender. She was able to choose the moral high ground above the only family ties she still had left, her father, showcasing her strong character.

Asami's strong character is showcased best in the face of hardships and, although hurt and offended, Asami showed no spite toward Korra, even when she was trying to steal her boyfriend. Her caring nature was still prevalent, even after her break up with Mako, as she wished him well before he embarked on a dangerous mission. Despite this, she felt resentment toward her father, burdened by his betrayal, the consequences of which carried through on a personal and business level. In contrast to her usual caring and sympathetic nature, she could muster no sympathy or forgiveness toward her father for years, desiring to hurt him as much as he had hurt her. However, after receiving a heartfelt apology and noticing how much he was suffering from his own guilt, she was willing to at least try to give him another chance.

Abilities :

Combat skills :

Asami is highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat. From a young age, her father enrolled her in the best self-defense classes there were, so she would be able to protect herself. Her prowess was great enough to easily disarm the Equalists' Lieutenant and knock him out with his own weapon, and she was similarly able to evade attacks from five chi blockers before using an electrified glove to stun them. Asami has also proven herself to be nimble; she was able to jump over a speeding motorcycle while kicking the rider off, still managing to land gracefully, and also dodged an earthbending attack by a Red Lotus sentry before stunning him in one fluid motion.

Other skills :

Asami is an expert driver, having learned through testing her father's Satomobiles, and is fully capable of rivaling Equalist motorcyclists. She can also drive motorboats and sand-sailers, skillfully being able to escape and divert enemies during speed chases. Having assisted her father in operating their company, Asami is capable of controlling any other vehicle engineered by Future Industries, such as mopeds, forklifts, and mecha tanks, which she noted were operated similarly. As such, she has developed a keen eye on technology workmanship, being able to discern high-quality products from subpar ones, as evidenced when she criticized Cabbage Corp's airships for utilizing lighter materials.

Asami is a practical thinker and a capable engineer, able to repair and construct vehicles with limited resources, such as when she improvised a makeshift sand-sailer using materials from a destroyed airship. She is also a skilled Pai Sho player, proving herself to be a good methodical strategist and can pick locks with her hairpins, able to free Tenzin through this method in the Northern Air Temple. Due to her upbringing and time at Future Industries, Asami is a capable architect, capable of designing large amounts of houses in a short period of time.

Trivia :

  1. The lineage of the Sato family can be traced back to the first Fire Nation colonists. Despite this, Asami has green eyes, which are usually associated with people of Earth Kingdom descent, instead of the standard amber for those of Fire Nation descent.
  2. Asami is the only known surviving member of the Sato family.
  3. Seychelle Gabriel, Asami's voice actress, also portrayed Princess Yue in The Last Airbender, making her the only one to have had a role in both the live-action film and the animated series.
  4. Bryan Konietzko conceived her as a Hollywood Golden Age actress in the Avatar World, with her hair inspired by Rita Hayworth. Although having designed her before watching the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist, Bryan Konietzko stated he was fine with saying that Asami's design was influenced by Lust and is flattered by the fact that people would think so, as "Lust is such a killer design". He did, however, say that he used Lust's lipstick color for Asami.
  5. Asami, like Katara and Sokka, lost her mother to a firebender at a young age.
  6. Asami is the third character, after Zuko and Toph Beifong, to have joined the Avatar and to have a father who is antagonistic toward them and their allies.
  7. Asami's relationship with her father and history somewhat parallels Zuko's: Both their fathers were antagonists to the Avatar, and their actions led to a loss of their high social status for a period of time. Asami and Zuko both opposed their respective fathers' goals and labeled them to be "the worst father", eventually engaging in a duel when their fathers, who tried to kill them for their defiance. They also both assumed their father's mantle after his defeat and subsequent imprisonment and tried to restore the damage their fathers inflicted; Asami worked to renew Future Industries, similar to how Zuko tried to restore the honor of his country.
  8. Asami's relationship with her father is also similar to Teo's in the respect that they discover that their fathers were secretly building weapons for a cause that their children opposed.
  9. Asami is the first nonbender to join the new Team Avatar, as well as the first nonbender shown opposing the Equalists.
  10. Asami is the only member of the new Team Avatar to have a known last name, as well as one of the few characters in the Avatar world to have a known one, the others being the members of her own family, the Beifong family, Shiro Shinobi, Iknik Blackstone Varrick, Zhu Li Moon, Wonyong Keum, and Jargala Omo.
  11. Meelo seems to have had a crush on her in Book One: Air, as shown when he called her a "beautiful woman" and when he asked for a piece of her hair.
  12. The concept art for Book Two: Spirits at San Diego Comic-Con 2012 showed Asami wearing a pilot's outfit. This notable achievement as the only known woman to pilot an aircraft in the Avatar universe could be compared to Amelia Earhart, the first woman to pilot an aircraft solo.
  13. Asami was originally envisioned as an antagonist, like her father, but after developing her character, the creators realized she would be better as an ally of Korra's. Their plan was to make Asami an Equalist spy who would use Mako as a means to get close to the Avatar.
  14. Prior to confirmation of Book Two: Spirits, an early script for "Endgame" had Asami join the United Forces at the end of the episode.
  15. Asami is the second person to be mistaken for the Avatar; the first being Sokka in the comic "Sokka the Avatar" and the episode "The Earth King".
  16. Asami and her girlfriend, Korra, are the first known LGBTQIA+ individuals in the Avatar universe. The other known individuals are Kya, Aiwei and Kyoshi.

Where is Asami when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)