More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by hewhoismany hewhoismany

What does he write on Dominic?

”Obedient”

Even as he uncaps the marker and kneels next to his snoring roommate, Jeremy is still convinced this will lead to nothing. After all, magic isn’t real. Still, it isn’t like there’s any downside to trying. The worst that would happen is a bunch to the shoulder from Dominic, and Jeremy got those two times a day anyway.

The only thing that really gives him pause is thinking about what to write. If, somehow, he could change Dominic in any way he wanted, what would he do? After thinking about it a little, Jeremy realizes the best thing to change, and writes ‘Obedient’ on Dominic’s chest. For a moment, he watches his roommate with bated breath, but nothing happens. No magic.

With a shrug, Jeremy just decides to get back to his day. There’s an essay due in a class soon, so he decides to buck up and get to working on it. Heading into his room, he grabs his laptop, takes it into the living room, and boots it up, Dominic still fast asleep, unaware someone had scribbled on him.

The problem was, Jeremy’s laptop made a really loud sound when booting up, something he’d forgotten. The noise was like the big Dolby sound before a movie at a theater, and Jeremy flinched. Looking over at the couch, he saw Dominic’s eyes flitting awake. “Gruh,” he grunted, looking around before settling his eyes on Jeremy. “The fuck, dude?” the asked, clearly annoyed his nap had been interrupted.

Normally, Jeremy would just apologize, but he was still annoyed over the argument from before. “If you want to sleep so bad, do it in your room.” Even as Jeremy says it, he knows Dominic will just dig in his heels at that, like he always does. He’ll insist on sleeping in the living room, and kick Jeremy out of it.

“Makes sense,” is what Dominic says instead, getting up to go and walk over to his room. There’s no longer even a trace of irritation in his voice, he sounds completely good with what Jeremy told him to do.

Moving a hand to touch the marker, now capped and in his pocket, Jeremy’s eyes widen. Wanting to see if it really worked, he tells Dominic, “Stop.” Sure enough, his roommate does as asked, immediately. “Turn around.” He does that too. Now, for something he’d normally never do. “Give me a compliment.”

Without hesitation, Dominic says, “You’re a fucking nice dude for putting up with all my shit. Probably qualified for sainthood already.” That...there’s no other explanation. The marker does what the woman said it would. And Dominic is already obedient. What...what should Jeremy do to him next?

What does Jeremy do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)