More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by CrawlingM CrawlingM

What's next?

"Magic exists, urban fantasy"

Josh began to write.

* Magic exists

Then he began thinking. That phrasing might actually mess with how the world developed. Dragons, no industrial revolution, etc. so he went back and rephrased it.

* "Magic exists, but wasn't discovered before the late 90s and not mastered before the late 00s. "

He figured that this might not let him try it out, so he added another line.

* "Anyone can use magic with the right tools. Computer apps are the most common."

and, to avoid making magic the answer to everyone's problem, he added a line to restrict the potential of it. It wouldn't be nice if you could fling the earth into the sun if you had a bad day.

* "Magic requires mass to manipulate and energy to work, and loses potency over observed distances. A person alone is powerful enough to do quick changes to a person. Two persons working in unison can change four and so on."

That should be good enough, Josh thought to himself and pressed enter.

He looked around and blinked as he saw a black-skinned woman in a woman's business suit with glowing purple irises and silvery blonde hair walk past him, giving him a look of slight amusement over her glasses that he was actually staring at her eyes. glancing around, he could see other various humanoids walking about as well, some eight feet tall, some barely four, and all with various customized looks. The buildings looked pristine around him, as if they were built yesterday, and he could even see some floating apartments that were held in place over older buildings, as if to make use of the space without tossing out the historical value of the old.

Josh looked down and saw his phone had changed slightly, as a small antenna nub had appeared on the top. On the back there was a clip for some sort of battery, and as he felt into his pockets, he found he had two clips that fit into it. He also was wearing some sort of amulet around his neck, which seemed to be made of brass and had some glyphs and gems engraved into the medallion. a row of green to red gems went along the inside of the medallion, where one of the green was blinking lazily.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)