More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Halo423 Halo423

What happens next?

a close call

Sealed within the dark confines of the compartment, Kate Bishop held her breath as the alarm's echoes reverberated through the water. The underwater facility, now bathed in an ominous glow, became a labyrinth of shadows as security lights flickered on. She could hear the muffled sound of footsteps and the indistinct chatter of guards approaching.

Kate Bishop: (whispering to herself) Keep it together, Kate. Just a little longer.

The compartment, though spacious enough for her to hide, felt like a claustrophobic refuge. The residue of cool water on her exposed skin sent a shiver down her spine as she strained to listen to the movements outside. Her eyes scanned the darkness within, searching for any sign of her gear or the superhero costume.

As the guards entered the room, their waterproof flashlights sliced through the darkness, illuminating corners and crevices. Kate pressed herself against the compartment wall, her heart pounding in sync with the echoes of footsteps.

Guard 1: (muffled) Check every corner. We can't afford any breaches.

The guards methodically inspected the room, their shadows dancing across the walls. Kate's breath hitched as the compartment door provided minimal cover.

Kate Bishop: (whispering) Please, don't look here.

Anxiously, she observed their movements, silently willing them to overlook the compartment. Time seemed to stretch as seconds felt like minutes. The guards approached, their boots echoing ominously in the confined space.

Guard 2: (muffled) Clear here. Move to the next section.

As the guards moved away, relief washed over Kate. However, she knew she couldn't emerge just yet. The underwater facility remained a perilous environment, and the search wasn't over. She continued to huddle in the compartment, contemplating her next move and the challenging mission that lay ahead.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)