More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by quiboune quiboune

Wow. How DID you get so much exp?

What an interesting turn of events.

"Killing" the three of them in a single blow was incredibly lucky. They were probably fighting for a long without healing for that to work, and even like this the knight, probably a few levels higher than the other two, survived - you notice as he slowly begins trying to get up, still lying on the ground while the other two vanish.

With time to prepare you only managed to cause some damage, and now you have to finish him quickly. Without thinking you lunge forward toward the fallen man, and without even looking at you he extends a hand and grabs your body in the air. His hand tightens around you, showing superhuman strength, but it only manages to make you slide through his fingers. You slide down his arm into the man's armor, while using Acid, but, as you predicted, it doesn't cause too much damage.

It is, though, enough to make him stop getting up and fall to his knees, another soft *Ding* sounding around as you level up again.

LEVEL UP

Lvl. 10

+6 Melee Attack

+2 Ranged Attack

Ability Gained:

Spit -- you're able to launch a small part of your body in high speed, making it cause damage and/or apply the effect of a melee skill through distance. Will lose mass with every use.

Ability Gained:

Absorb -- defeated creatures can be devoured, doing so will permanently boost stats. Increases mass.

You slide out of his armor and look at him, still kneeling while breathing heavily. He's conscious, and looks at you as you slide into his view.

"So that's how I go... a slime" he says with a low, husky voice. He seems to be old and, judging by the many scars and scratches on his heavy armor, experient. Through the opening is his helmet you notice his blonde hair obscuring his eyes, and even now, near his , he smiles, showing no fear at all.

Normally enemies don't "fall to their knees", something is wrong here. Since you defeated him, you're able to peek his inventory and stats, something you do immediately, being surprised when you read:

Hardmode:

Will not regenerate life over time;

Reveives inumerous debuffs to their skills and stats;

If a hero in hardmode dies, they stay dead and drops all their items - along with a Power Token.

The Power Token is a consumable that holds a character's Level, Stats, Attributes and Techniques. Can be passed along or taken from Hardmode heroes. But can NOT be absorbed by heroes out of the Hardmode.

Taken by surprise, you hesitate. Killing him would mean actually killing someone, no respawns. You're considering turning around and leaving him, when stumbles and weakly gets up, drawing his large sword in the process.

"This is how a manis supposed to die! On his feet with his sword in hands! I just wish a stronger enemy had done it, isntead of a slime..." he opens both arms, looking at you "Do it!"

The choice was made, you think, you have to finish what you started! Lunging forward, you change your shape into the shape of a spear, and your body flies directly toward his exposed neck - causing critical, and fatal damage.


Slime

Lvl: 34

Melee Attack: 232 +831(PT)

Ranged Attack: 176 +540(PT)

Weaknesses: Thunder magic;

Special Abilities:

Slime -- changes physical shape at will; changes body/radiant temperature at will; can absorb water for mass increase and a short boost in size, but is left with weakened defense. Immune to physical damage. If divided, each part will still be controlled by the whole;

Morph Stability III -- transform into solid forms, making it more difficult for attacks to disrupt your adopted shape. Capable of making steel hard surfaces with enough mass;

Aloe VII -- secrete a cooling liquid, useful for soothing burns and other wounds;

Acid IV-- secrete a burning gel, possibility of inflicting poison or erosion status effect on target;

Calming Waters III -- secrete a sedating liquid of varying viscosity, possibility of inflicting sleep status on target. Causes local anaesthesia;

Spit II -- you're able to launch a small part of your body in high speed, making it cause damage and/or apply the effect of a melee skill through distance. Will lose mass with every use;

Absorb -- defeated creatures can be devoured, doing so will permanently boost stats. Increases mass;

Power Token -- This power token has been passed down by 32 generations. Its last bearer was Hughes Galleon.


The power token also boosts your non-combat skills to the max, meaning you're a master of every weapon, armor and tool there is. Looks like you defeated someone powerful, an incredible combination of creativity and luck.

A few minutes later you're looking at his inventory when a large group, with almost one hundred heroes, approaches the lake, and you flee taking only his armor. They're all wearing uniforms, much like the one you just stole, and approach the naked dead man still lying on the water, some of them futilely trying to heal his wounds. After some time they divide themselves and patrol around the lake, searching for whoever did that, but they don't manage to find you hidden in a small wet hole in the ground. Many hours pass before the group decides to go, leaving you with a question.


What To Do Now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)