More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Roseidurian Roseidurian

Why is Nancy naked?

Unexpected Destinations

It was like the ground opened up beneath her. One moment Nancy was walking along, the next the stone gave way under her foot. She had just enough time to glance down, to see the stone warping and stretching like some pliable sheet, before she toppled through it.

A surge of panic went through her. She'd seen things like that before; it looked like a gate.

She'd been to what the kids had called the Upside Down briefly, seen the monster that lived there, and seen more of the creatures from it coming through. Now she was falling again, something that shoudl have been a solid surface instead connecting two worlds.

She landed on her face. Hastily, Nancy pushed herself up, scrambling back to look around.

A way back, was there a way back?! Nervously she looked around, taking in everything she could.

There was no sign of the gate she'd come through. Thankfully there was also no sign of movement, no demogorgon, just... her. Darkness, and some reflection of the paths he'd been walking on overrun with some weird kind of fungus. She'd seen it before, even if briefly, but she'd had nightmares about this place.

The sky flashed green. Nancy looked up.

For a moment confusion seized her. This looked like the Upside Down, it really did, but she didn't remember green lightning. Will had mentioned seeing lightning but she could've sworn he'd said it was red.

She pushed herself back up to her feet, hands brushing the odd fungus on the ground. It didn't feel like any plant she'd ever touched. It was... coarser, more like cotton than any kind of leaf, whatever that meant.

Carefully, Nancy started moving. She opened her mouth as if to cry out, then caught herself. No, she probably didn't want to catch the attention of anything in this place. There had been speculation that there might be worlds other than the Upside Down, but whether this place was one of them or the Upside Down itself, she didn't want to meet the locals.

Shivering, she looked around, trying to find any glimpse of the portal back.

The air tingled in her throat. Definitely not normal. She coughed to clear her throat, silently hoping it wasn't poisonous or anything. Then, uncertain, Nancy began to move.

What does she find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)