More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hyperlax700 hyperlax700

Pick a story

Tyler, stuck as Sofia

I had a pretty good life. I did ok in school, played football, and had friends. At home, we always had enough of everything. To be honest probably more than we needed. As far as I knew we were just an average family. I was 16 when I understood. I saw something I wasn’t supposed to. I had left one in the garage, without anyone knowing. The video showed my dad talking to this guy. I had no idea who he was, but my dad seemed angry about something. The guy looked frightened. Then like I had never seen my father before, he planted his knee in the guy's stomach. He didn’t fight back. But just kept apologizing.

I never asked my dad about it, or tell anyone about it. I convinced myself that there was a good reason for it. He had clearly done something serious to piss my dad off like that. It was a week later when I saw the guy on the news that I understood. He had turned up dead, and the police called it “mob-related” I googled the guy's name and found some news articles. He was suspected to be a high-up guy in the Irish mafia. According to one article maybe even reporting to the boss himself. What was it my dad actually did? He went to work like a normal dad but all I knew about that was that he had an office job in the city. Or did he? He had pretty strange hours. Started usually right before lunch, and came home to dinner. Then some days back to work, and there seemed to be no difference if it was a weekday or weekend.

The older I got the more I understood. My dad was definitely a mob boss. And when I was 18 I got all the confirmation I needed. Cops raided our house, and dad was put in prison. Mom was distraught, but I kept it together. I wasn’t really surprised, and I can't imagine mom was either even though she feigned ignorance of his “job”.

I was 19 when his job finally affected me. Out clubbing with friends, we got pretty drunk that night. When I woke up, I was tied to a chair.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)