More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

Trapped in someone else's ENF nightmare

Normally Tandy could use her power to peer into someone's mind, get a glimpse of their hopes. It didn't take any more than a touch.

She was fairly free with her gift too; after spending so long on the streets, it paid to be able to get more of a read on someone. Those instincts never went away.

She brushed close, and in her mind's eye there was a flare of white.

And then something changed.

She only vaguely understood what her powers were. She knew where they'd come from, and knew they were tied up somehow with Tyrone's and his shadow-powers that, among other things, let him see someone's deepest fear.

When she brushed that person she saw the normal white, but then she saw a glimmer of darkness, shadow seeping in. The two polar opposite colours seemed to merge, then invert.

This was wrong. Something was-

She remembered when she'd touched Ivan Hess, some problem with him being exposed to the energy that had given her and Tyrone their powers had made it harder for her to slip into his mind alone. She'd needed Tyrone's help.

If anything, this felt like the opposite of that. She felt the mind pulling on her, tugging her in, and she had the sinking feeling getting out again wasn't going to be so simple.

She couldn't say why; she barely understood her powers, perhaps they'd been exposed to one of the valves that dotted the city, perhaps they'd been in New Orleans when the rig first exploded and something had rubbed off on them, she had bigger concerns than puzzling that out.

Finally the light show faded, and the world around her resolved itself. It... wasn't like her usual visions. It was darker, more like Tyrone's description of when he saw someone's fears.

Had... whatever that was flipped the script? Changed her vision from hope to fear?

And then, slowly, Tandy realised just what her target's fear was.

Whose mind is she in?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)