More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

How does she end up naked?

The Quibbler

If nothing else, there was no way her seventh year would be any worse than her sixth. Luna shifted in her seat on the Hogwarts Express, eagerly awaiting the start of her last year. At least there was no way for Voldemort to ruin things.

She just had to focus on her schoolwork. All things considered she felt fairly confident when it came to the practical side of things, after everything.

Idly she flicked through the latest edition of the Quibbler as the train trundled on. After the War their readership had never been so high, all kinds of new facts were coming in, new discoveries, new creatures seen only by a handful of people... She'd had to help her father getting everything back together during the holidays.

It was good to be reading it again.

Rumours of Dumbledore being seen selling butterbeer up in Scotland, more runes, the latest update on one of their regulars tracking a nest of crumple-horned snorkacks...

And then she got onto the newer stuff. With all the attention the magazine got, so many more letters had been sent in, so many new articles submitted, it was a wonder her father could sort through them all. She still remembered his laugh at the fifth day in a row owls had lined up outside their door; they wouldn't run out of things to publish for a good long while.

She turned the page, continuing to read.

The mysteries of the Flibuffle

The Flibuffle is a strange creature, primarily a denizen of the United Kingdom. They make their home in the garments of young witches, most often of the ages eighteen to twenty, with a particular fondness for school uniforms. Current studies suggest as many as 99.89% of the witches at such institutions as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are unwittingly carrying flibuffle nests around.

Due to the mainstream Wizarding World's refusal to acknowledge such beings, they have spread rapidly. There are no known ways to detect them, but parents and witches both are urged to exercise caution.

Symptoms of long-term exposure to flibuffles include absent-mindedness, an inability to focus, among more serious risks and concerns listed below. The effect of this on students undergoing important exams cannot be overstated; their whole lives may be ruined if a flibuffle infestation is allowed to continue. No doubt the absent-mindedness they cause is why the flibuffle threat has not been properly examined or dealt with.

There are a number of charms that can act to dissuade and repelled flibuffles, but the only way to be sure that one is free of exposure is to discarded the infested garments.

Eyes wide, Luna looked away from the magazine to her bag. She still hadn't changed into her robes yet; she usually saved that for when she was closer to Hogwarts. Why had she never read about flibuffles before?

No wonder people had said she could seem dreamy, her robes must be full of them! Especially if there were that many at Hogwarts. Hurriedly she flipped to the next page, where charms meant to help repel flibuffles were listed. She skimmed down the list, noting that all of them seemed to have other side-effects.

Of course the alternative, if she really wanted to be sure she was free of them, was to just...

She glanced at her robes again. Well they _could _be uncomfortable.

__

What does Luna do with this new information?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)