More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SonofOsman SonofOsman

Did you level up? And which do you take with you?

The Healer, for some well-deserved vengence

While your mind tried to work it's way through this new opportunity, the surviving adventurers had not been idle. Though your gaze is resting mostly on The Busty Bimbo... particularly the way her low-level light armor provided little 'protection' to her legs, at the very edge of your vision you notice the Healer recovering from her shock. Already, her polished Staff was in the air, the all-too familiar bluish hew of an Antidote spell.

That bloody Antidote spell... the bane of your existence. Seriously, what was the point of status-effect attacks if any Healer who'd completed the starting area could remove them almost as fast as you could inflict them? How many near-kills had you been robbed off only because some cheeky priestess, safe and sound in the back, had been constantly healing your hard-fought damage until your own health hit zero? Just hearing that sound effect was enough to make your underlying code boil. But now, for the first time, you were in a position to do something about it. As pretty as that slutty singer was, finally getting some sweet justice for your past failures would be absolutely cathartic

You lean back onto your hind-limbs before springing forward, your wings at least good for extending your jump. Just before she completes the spell, you sink your fangs into her soft arms. A pained, squeaky yelp escapes her; even this much damage dangerous to as squishy a target as she was, the mystical sparks surrounding her breaking down with her concentration.

However, she doesn't crack quite as easily as the Bimbo, regaining her balance and quickly backing away, trying to get far enough away so she could heal up without being interrupted. Your tongue darts out from between your fangs threateningly, stopping only to give the Bard a quick nip before hunting your real quarry down as fast as your stunted legs would carry you. Though you weren't built with ground speed in mind, thankfully neither was she, leading to an extended chase across the area... your poison slowly eating away at her HP.

After a minute the Healer seems to finally start succumbing to the effects, her stride getting shorter and her feet getting tangled up in her flowing white robe. You push yourself to the limit trying to catch up, silently cursing your lack of a ranged attack as she grows closer and closer to the area's edge... the ultimate boundary for a low-level monster like yourself. Then, only a few steps from the end it happens; her dainty foot coming down on top of her robes, tripping over herself and planting face-first into the ground. Before she can get back to her feet, you're already upon her; grabbing her long, jet-black hair between your teeth as you drag her away from her one route of escape, making your way back to your forested 'lair' for a well-deserved reward.

Almost to add praise to victory, you hear a rewarding, trumpeting tone and feel a warm energy emanating from your body... oh right. That Half-Nymph must have finally succumbed to her condition, and while merely killing the hunter had only been enough for some experience, TWO adventures was finally enough to give you what you craved: a real level-up!

Almost seamlessly, you feel things start to shift, something new and more powerful growing inside of you. You were the strongest Poison Dragon in your area... what changes could Lv. 6 possibly bring?

Level Up! What improvements do you get?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)