More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by magichat magichat

How does Andrea end up naked?

The Big Day

Season 5 first half spoilers ahead

Today was the day that was going to make it all worth it, the day the secrets she had to hold, the dirty deeds done, the personal pain, the grinding to turn around her father’s company was all going to pay off. Her idea for the Collective Dream lenses was now almost coming to fruition. It had taken inspiration, cash, favours from certain figures she shuddered to think of but it was going to launch.

Andrea Rojas was pleased with herself, it had not only been the tech, the hiring, the investment but her buying up and sponsoring of other companies had also paid off. Sponsoring Noonan’s and using it for beta had been a master-stroke, it got word out about the potential, a few unfortunate bugs had been found and deal with. agreeing to allow Kelly Olson to use it for medical work, it had shown the potential of the device and would be great publicity.

Speaking of publicity, Rojas looked out of her glass office doors, seeing her Catco journalists hard at work. She had doubted buying it from Lena but her old friend had been correct, the investment into the publicity had been worth it. There had been frustrations, that Kara Danvers still didn’t seem happy at the change of direction, but Rojas had been firm and time had proven her right. Viewing figures for Catco News were way up and with that, she had been able via advertisements and careful plugs to build publicity for Obsidian North and her new project.

If she landed the launch of Collective Dreams, Obsidian North would be the VR and AR company in the US, maybe the world, she would be seen as the greatest business personal alive and be an inspiration to females. However not only had the tech needed to go right but so did the speech, it had to inspire and catch the eye with the right attire, a sadly still too important part of business and grabbing attention. If she got these wrong, if the tech glitches badly or failed to wow, if her performance was limp and her speech fell on deaf ears, all that money and time would be wasted, questions would be asked the company’s future and the Rojas grip on Obsidian North.

One more test perhaps this morning before the big event, iron out all the little details. Taking out her Dream lenses from their little box, she strode out of her office to her senior journalist and ally William. He was talking to the no doubt complaining Kara, who did not look pleased to see the media magnate but stopped talking. Rojas ignored Kara, for now, her attention on her ally

“Today’s the day William, our shining moment. I need everything to be perfect so I’ll be running some tests this morning and practising for the big opening. I need you to look after things here, keep the publicity for the surprise event high and keep people engaged. Do not let them get distracted by anything!”

Her orders given, Rojas turned to go back to her beautiful office but William stopped her, a thoughtful look on his handsome English face.

“Why don’t Kara and I join you for the practise speech? We can see if anything goes wrong while your talking and see if we can think of anything that might be changed to please our fellow journalists?”

The suggestion made sense but Rojas cast a sceptical look at Kara, her vision and that of the award winning journalist had not been aligned and the brunette media magnate was not sure she wanted her big day started with complaints. Kara however seemed unusually eager

“I know today is a big day for you Miss Rojas, it is a big day for all of us and from what glimpses I have seen, today could change the world. I want to help report on this kind of bid story and if we get an advanced look at what will happen, William and I can use that to build up support with teases of what is to come.”

Rojas wished she had thought of that and if she could bring Kara onside more, it would make her life running the media company a lot easier. The other journalists respected Kara and though her threats had kept Kara onside, winning Kara fully over would sway some of the doubters within the newsroom.

Rojas threw up her hands “Fine, get Kara a copy of the lenses and meet me in five minutes. William, you are to go in the middle of the AR crowd, Kara you go at the back to check audibility and that people can see everything from any angle. Everything today must go perfect and that includes the practise run.”

How Does the Practise Go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)