More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by lurkermix lurkermix

What's next?

Stranded in nature...

She could still smell the rain, against the concrete and metal, thick and sloshing, with the texture of heat-soaked trash underneath.
It clung to the insides of her nose, heavy, the only thing that remained of the great city Kate had been a part of, minutes ago and millenia in the future.
Here, the rain was thinner, almost like mist, soaking Kate gently - against her all too bare skin.
She could smell this rain too, the way it moistened soft, vibrant grass beneath her toes, and the contrast made her feel even more nauseous than she already had since waking.
Kate knew this was real - knew it in her bones - but still marvelled at it, even as she’d walked for hours now.
The seeming infinity of New York City had been replaced with rolling hills and thick forest. The air full of the buzz of insects and muted calls of songbirds, and not even a plane in the sky.
And she was utterly alone, not even accompanied by clothing, bare to the elements.
Kate supposed at least this rain - alien as it was - was somewhat refreshing, and if she were to be bare, at least it was not somewhere as public as home - but these were small comforts.
She gazed at the horizon, thought about the lurid colours that had brought her here, so different from the pinkening clouds of a slow summer sunset.
It was perhaps the most peaceful place Kate had ever been.
And she was naked, lost, and completely terrified.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)