More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by madmage madmage

Did you just level up?

Run and find out

You stare in disbelief. You actually killed someone. Your moment of victory is short lived however as you see the priestess scrambling for something in her inventory. You take advantage of the fact that she is the only hero still standing and RUN AWAY!
You turn tail and run into the trees, moments before the priestess chucks a vial at you that explodes into shards of ice. Fortunately, her aim sucked and the miss was as good as a mile.
You keep running until you were sure you were safely out of sight of the priestess. Pausing for a moment, you break into a little dance. You actually won a fight! Well, considering you ran away, at least you didn't lose and get killed. And you leveled up.

LEVEL UP!
Level 5
Melee Attack: 8
Ranged Attack: 10
Special Abilities
Throwing Knife
Flight
Fire Eater- Fire attacks restore health by 10% of base damage

Whoa. This is awesome. You didn't know you could get something better than fire immunity, now it actually restores your HP. But why did melee go up so much more than your ranged stat? You check your equipment and find that in addition to your throwing knife, you have a new longer knife, about the length of your forearm. You pull in out and give it a few slices at the air. This day just kept getting better and, wait are you taller? You are! You seem to be at least half a foot taller. A massive growth spurt that practically made you a giant by your previous standards. Your skin was darker to, more black than purple. Your horns were longer, they actually were starting to look like something. Your tail still didn't look all that much better, but you guess too much luck all at once would be a bad thing.

“I still can’t believe I forgot to bring health potions.” The knight grumbled as you watched the heroines who survived your earlier fight set up camp. You had been shadowing the duo for the better part of the day. The knight, who had taken of her helmet and shaken out her short blonde hair, had obviously been hurt by the tree. Enough that she and the priestess had actually had to flee several encounters throughout the day, despite the priestess having leveled up at least twice.
“But we had a healer with us, why would you have thought to bring any potions?” The redheaded priestess asked while using a small fire spell to light the campfire. “Besides can’t you just sleep to regain health?”
“Yes, but to do that I have to actually sleep.” The knight pointed out, “And in order to sleep I have to take off my armor. Heavy plate is impossible to sleep in. So I need you to keep watch while I recover.”
“Oh, okay. How do I do that?” You couldn't believe your ears. The knight was not only going to sleep, leaving the obviously inexperienced priestess in charge of the camp. You watched as the knight's armor disappeared into her inventory and she curled up next to the fire. This was a perfect opportunity to get more XP. But you probably had only enough time to attack one of the woman before the other reacted.

Which one do you attack?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)